Canadian band HELIX + Krank Amps

Ripping Rudy

• Members

I just came home from a Helix concert in Crystal Beach, Ontario, Canada. My band opened for them and we had a great time. The reason for my post is that both guitar players in HELIX used KRANK amps. The lead guitar player had a head/4x12and a Combo - The other dude had a head w/ a 4x12 cab.

I thought they sounded EXCELLENT. The lead guitar player (who was on my side of the stage) had his gain set to "5" and it was still pretty "metal" sounding.

And............... Brian Volmer was awesome.

Thanks

• Members
had his gain set to "5" and it was still pretty "metal" sounding.

Fireball can do it on 3 1/2 - 4. :p

I think krank gets bashed way to hard, Its hard to believe seeing that soo many awesome bands can use them.

I don't get why soo many people like Framus cobras.. I've played 2 and I hate them.

I guess its just of matter of what you like and dont like.

• Members

As I've said before, I have a Krankenstein and really like the amp. Is it for everyone? No, but it works for me. I use a drive pedal in front of the the gain channel to round out the tone, but I've done that with every amp I've owned.

Now, are they worth the $1700.00 asking price? That's a different question. Tone is subjective and if it's worth it to the buyer, than yes they are. To me, it's a great amp if you can get one for $1000 or so.

• Members

As I've said before, I have a Krankenstein and really like the amp. Is it for everyone? No, but it works for me. I use a drive pedal in front of the the gain channel to round out the tone, but I've done that with every amp I've owned.

Now, are they worth the $1700.00 asking price? That's a different question. Tone is subjective and if it's worth it to the buyer, than yes they are. To me, it's a great amp if you can get one for $1000 or so.

I've seend used rev 1's go for about $650-$900.

Archived