'66 BF Princeton Reverb Pushed to Natural Overdrive clip

skipstar59

• Members

I decided to make some more clips using the same old BT "BJB". I know it's gotten old,but I use it because you can showcase the featured clips better. Anyway, most of the clips I've made usually include some type of overdrive pedal and alot of guys say they'd like to hear what the amp sounds like pushed to natural overdrive.I decided to do that with my '66 PR which is loaded with a 10" Weber Vintage Ferromax speaker. The amp settings were as follows. Volume- 5 1/2, Treble - 5 1/2, Bass- 5, Reverb - 1. There were no other pedals or effects used. Guitar > guitar chord> Amp.Out of the four clips using my PRS SE and Tom Anderson Hollow Drop Top, I think the Tom A neck tone was the sweetest sounding. Here's the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=633883

• Members

I decided to make some more clips using the same old BT "BJB". I know it's gotten old,but I use it because you can showcase the featured clips better. Anyway, most of the clips I've made usually include some type of overdrive pedal and alot of guys say they'd like to hear what the amp sounds like pushed to natural overdrive.I decided to do that with my '66 PR which is loaded with a 10" Weber Vintage Ferromax speaker. The amp settings were as follows. Volume- 5 1/2, Treble - 5 1/2, Bass- 5, Reverb - 1. There were no other pedals or effects used. Guitar > guitar chord> Amp.Out of the four clips using my PRS SE and Tom Anderson Hollow Drop Top, I think the Tom A neck tone was the sweetest sounding. Here's the link:

Thank you, thank you. By the way, I think you're absolutely right to demo amps with BJB.

• Members
Thank you, thank you. By the way, I think you're absolutely right to demo amps with BJB.

You're welcome. I kinda got slagged about using the same old backing track, but it doesn't impose itself into the clips like others do, and it lets the clips take center stage. Anyway that's how I see it. :D

• Members
Is the '67 Bassman (w/ Allen mod) the Blonde Bassman I see in that pile o' amps?

I don't have anymore Allen modded Blonde Bassman heads anymore. This one is for sale for $550 shipped if you're interested. I'm trying to sell it for my amp guy.It's a '69 SF Bassman head. I think that's a hell of a deal. A stock '69 in decent shape go for about $450-500.The Allen mod is a $200 mod and there's also the addition for the adjustable bias mod which is very cool. None of my other Bassman heads have this. Anyway if you're interested I could hook you up with my amp guy.

100_0385.jpg

• Members
I don't have anymore Allen modded Blonde Bassman heads anymore. This one is for sale for $550 shipped if you're interested. I'm trying to sell it for my amp guy.It's a '69 SF Bassman head. I think that's a hell of a deal. A stock '69 in decent shape go for about $450-500.The Allen mod is a $200 mod and there's also the addition for the adjustable bias mod which is very cool. None of my other Bassman heads have this. Anyway if you're interested I could hook you up with my amp guy.

100_0385.jpg

Yeah, that is a good deal. However, when it comes to a Bassman, I'm looking for a '62 or '63 (the 6G6 or 6G6-A circuit with the presence knob).

• Members

Heck, the year isn't important. I just want the older circuit, the circuit that comes before the AA864.

You want one of the older 6G6 circuits dont you? I can see if my guy could make you a '62 or '63 Bassman repro. I'll see what he'd charge and get back to you.

• Members

You want one of the older 6G6 circuits dont you? I can see if my guy could make you a '62 or '63 Bassman repro. I'll see what he'd charge and get back to you.

Thanks very much. I appreciate it. I emailed him this evening and asked if he could do the Deluxe Reverb repro. See, I'm actually looking for one of each.

• Members
Thanks very much. I appreciate it. I emailed him this evening and asked if he could do the Deluxe Reverb repro. See, I'm actually looking for one of each.

Cool, he'll probably contact me tomorrow about you contacting him. I let him know you're legit and try to hook you up. Tony really does great work, and I think you'll be VERY happy with anything you get from him.:D

• Members
Cool, he'll probably contact me tomorrow about you contacting him. I let him know you're legit and try to hook you up. Tony really does great work, and I think you'll be VERY happy with anything you get from him.
:D

Thank you. I really do appreciate it. This is very kind of you.

Archived