Has anyone here used a 220v appliance in the UK?

Random Hero

• Members
I'll just say first that the correct voltage should be written on the back of the Mark 4, this is a made for the EU model right? I don't know crap about Mesa's but if it was made for sale from 2003 then it should be designed to operate OK between 207-253V. Even if it was made prior to 2003 it is likely to be spec'd for that range.

Anyway, I'm not recommending this product or seller because I haven't used either. Saying that, I looked at the manufacturers spec of this cheap unit and it should do the job nicely. I may even get one myself for consistent power.
:cool:

If you set the input switch to 220v then that's what it will output. It can take a input mains voltage of 160-270v at this setting. (If your house is getting more than 270v then you should be experiencing an electrical nightmare with your appliances {censored}ing up all the time!) It has a built in trip switch.

http://www.techstore.co.uk/browse.php?a=p&prodLineID=98299

I saw that actually, do you reckon that would work? It sure does seem like it, but I didn't wanna buy one for no reason. The only other thing is, if the amp has an attached power lead, with an italian plug, I have a Euro to UK adapter, but how would I plug that into that there voltage regulator? It seems to have "female" kettle lead connections on the other side.

Also, would it be safe to put the input switch to 220v even though more than that is coming from the wall? It's a regulator afterall, not a transformer?

• Members
Yes, that's why I suggested it.
:mad::lol:

The Mesa has a male 'kettle' socket for the power right? You can buy female/female or male/female 'kettle' leads. Forget the lead that comes with it if you're using the voltage regulator.

Hopefully it does, it could be connected, but I don't think the Bs have the attached lead.

• Members

Here from somewhere else.

">I note from various news broadcasts that those applying for British

Actually, EU harmonisation changed the UK voltage from 240V +/- 6% to 230V +10%
/ -6%.

This pretty much allows any supply running at the old 240V +/- 6% to fit. "

It's good to know we pay them well to make fudge laws.

• Members

I mean, if British stuff is generally marked 230v, like my two PCs are and other equipment, and other stuff is marked 220-240V I imagine that stuff is 210-230V in Italy for example.

So I could use that voltage regulator at 230V to make sure i'm getting a solid 230, and no more. However, it tells you in the manual to set it to 240V if you're in the UK :(

Archived