bypassing effects loop 5150

fistacuffs

• Members

I used a cable to bypass the loop. nothing in the chain just 1 single cable in and out. and it sounds better less muffeled and more present sounding. I plugged in and out twice and I think it makes a difference for the better.

am I just hearing what I want to hear.

• Members

I used a cable to bypass the loop. nothing in the chain just 1 single cable in and out. and it sounds better less muffeled and more present sounding. I plugged in and out twice and I think it makes a difference for the better.

am I just hearing what I want to hear.

No there is a difference. I've noticed it just adds more high end to the sound when i engage the loop. I like it both with and without the loop engaged. Never had a problem with it sounding muffled.

• Members

Thanks for the reply stangme01

I didnt mean to say the sound was muffled, just with the loop bypassed its even more clear. the high end that you noticed must have been what I was looking for.

Now if this amp was 3 channels with a sparkling clear, clean channel I would never play another amp!

I set rhythm and lead up to sound pretty closed to eachother. Rhythm with a little more bark. lead, same sound just more fluid.

• Members

Thanks for the reply stangme01

I didnt mean to say the sound was muffled, just with the loop bypassed its even more clear. the high end that you noticed must have been what I was looking for.

Now if this amp was 3 channels with a sparkling clear, clean channel I would never play another amp!

I set rhythm and lead up to sound pretty closed to eachother. Rhythm with a little more bark. lead, same sound just more fluid.

Archived