GFS vintage 59 pickups on the way

bluesboy

• Members

Hey All, i have a pair of GFS vintage 59's on their way as we speak, and they will be replacing the stock pickups in my epi LP standard. The stock pickups are OK, but i'm really hoping that these will give me the sound im looking for. After hearing many clips on youtube and elsewhere, I really want to try some nice PAF pickups. However, the price is not so cheap these days... Any opinions on these GFS pickups? For the price, its definitley worth a try ($70 for two!). If I dont like these, I might try SD Seth Lovers. Any input? Thanks!

:cool:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well,what do you think about your choice?I'm considering those also,or possibly Stew Mac's Golden Age.I'm hesitant and don't know if I should just try these or gswing for the fence with something more like Vintage Vibe or a BG bucker:freak: .Thanks

• Members

i put them in, and the general tone was fine, except for this awful static I was getting from both neck and bridge pickups. I dont know if it was something I did or what. But I replaced them with SD seth lovers, and im not looking back

Archived