JVM clip...

mightyjoeyoungxnj

• Members

Thanks guys, I'm definitely more happy with this clip than my others. sounds quite close to what it sounds like in the room. I wish I had access to some better mics though. And the JVM, I love it man...I had never really considered a newer Marshall til I heard about this one. Lives up to the hype and then some.

steve..It was a Vintage 30 on my avatar 2x12...miced with an SM57, straight on, about an inch to the left of the dust cap roughly.

-Joe

• Members

steve..It was a Vintage 30 on my avatar 2x12...miced with an SM57, straight on, about an inch to the left of the dust cap roughly.

-Joe

Wow...

My ears {censored}in hate V30's with any amp...But the SM57 seems to love it.

I may have to buy one just to record with....

Was the mic on the grill, or was the grill removed?

Steve

• Members

Wow...

My ears {censored}in hate V30's with any amp...But the SM57 seems to love it.

I may have to buy one just to record with....

Was the mic on the grill, or was the grill removed?

Steve

Mic was probably 1/4" inch or a bit more from the grill...It was still on the cab. Do most guys record with it off??

I dunno man, the vintage 30/hellatone 30 x pattern really does it for me. I might just x pattern them in a mojo cab soon.

-Joe

• Members

Mic was probably 1/4" inch or a bit more from the grill...It was still on the cab. Do most guys record with it off??

I dunno man, the vintage 30/hellatone 30 x pattern really does it for me. I might just x pattern them in a mojo cab soon.

-Joe

Just trying to get a mental picture for future experiments...LOL

I have just always hated the way V30's sound in the room with any amp and any cab. I've owned many amps and cabs with them. I guess my ear is just tuned to a different range of sound...LOL

But, I always love good recordings of the speaker....and V30/SM57 always produces a great, in the mix sound.

I'd love to hear a track of the JVM, doubled and heavy the way you just recorded it...panned hard left and right.

If you can just do a quick chugga chugga riff and double it, I'd appreciate it...

Steve

• Members

Just trying to get a mental picture for future experiments...LOL

I have just always hated the way V30's sound in the room with any amp and any cab. I've owned many amps and cabs with them. I guess my ear is just tuned to a different range of sound...LOL

But, I always love good recordings of the speaker....and V30/SM57 always produces a great, in the mix sound.

I'd love to hear a track of the JVM, doubled and heavy the way you just recorded it...panned hard left and right.

If you can just do a quick chugga chugga riff and double it, I'd appreciate it...

Steve

Yeah, I definitely want to make a better structured clip, I just did this one of the fly honestly. I'll be making more soon.

-Joe

• Members

Threw together some bad playing and a JVM clip lol...

I was wanking carelessly, to give an idea of how the amp sounds. Please excuse the playing. It's all OD1 Orange mode, link in sig.

-Joe

:thu: , awesome!

how is 0D2 in comparison, is it more scooped sounding?, how are they compsred to the lead channels on the DSL TSLs anyways, i hear they're much cleared, defined, tighter, and simply better, would u say thats true?

Archived