Does the Roland Juno Gi have any SRX Expansion

• Members

I have two SRX Cards leftover from my Fantom SRX 07-Ultimate Keys, 09-Platinum Trax. I'd be satisfied if I could port over at least 1. If I remember the Juno G had 1-expansion slot? (may be wrong on that).

If it doesn't offer any expansion I may just choose a different board altogether (MOX6).

• Members

You could consider some older ROLAND modules that receive SRX boards, starting with XV-2020 to more recommendable XV-5050, XV-3080, and the flagship XV-5080. They all have 2 or more SRX ports.

• Members

You could consider some older ROLAND modules that receive SRX boards, starting with XV-2020 to more recommendable XV-5050, XV-3080, and the flagship XV-5080. They all have 2 or more SRX ports.

I have a XV5080 which I'm selling to fund a new board in my live rig. I considered keeping the SRX07, there are a few presets and waveforms I've come to appreciate. It would have been nice to slip the 07 into the Gi (I'm sure there's some crossover in sounds). But since there are no expansion opportunities I may just pass on the board.

Overall I'm not really a fan of the SRX soundset... and I may dislike the ARX soundsets even more. I'm just determining options. Funny, as dated as their SR-JV sounds are I still think they were the most useful sounds Roland has ever developed. I still have go to patches and waveforms on my XP30 in the techno, SFX and Session boards.

• Members

Dropped the ball again did they?

DroppedBall-m.jpg

Pretty much... :rolleyes: I graduated a few years ago from the XP30 to the Fantom S and finally the Fantom X... I sold everything except the XP30. Terrific sound pallet. The XV5080 is a fine piece too. I considered keeping it but as a 2-space rack (and pretty weighty I might add) it's just inconvenient as a live piece with all the other gear I'm carrying. Funny, I traded up from a XV5020... they guy who traded me wanted a 1-space. I may regret after selling it but to be honest, I never use it in my recordings.

• Members

Pretty much...
:rolleyes:
I graduated a few years ago from the XP30 to the Fantom S and finally the Fantom X... I sold everything except the XP30. Terrific sound pallet. The XV5080 is a fine piece too. I considered keeping it but as a 2-space rack (and pretty weighty I might add) it's just inconvenient as a live piece with all the other gear I'm carrying. Funny, I traded up from a
XV5020
... they guy who traded me wanted a 1-space. I may regret after selling it but to be honest, I never use it in my recordings.

I guess that would be XV-5050.

• Members

The Juno GI is a great board in it's own right. I would recommend it whole hardly as a second board. If I understand you, you have no room on your XP-30 for exp boards? Buy something to put them in or sell them. They will fetch a decent price. The GI does not need them, trust me.

• Members

Because you're prepared to pay that much for it.

More seriously: It may also be that the supply is limited due to the fact that this kind of RAM is ancient and no one makes it in volume any longer. Thus they will price it high in order to make a profit from the relatively small run. This is tempered by the first line of my post above. If it was too much then they'd not sell any.

• Members

Right, however the srx cards will forever live on ebay.
:lol:

That's not the problem, the problem is that all newer Roland boards don't take SRX cards, like the Juno Gi. You're stuck with the sounds you have - and in many instances they're inferior to the SRX soundset of 10 years ago.

Archived