Convince me of not selling my Fender Pro Junior.

Saturday

• Members

have a Fender Pro Junior, of the old ones, Made in USA. i paid 130 for it, and put some extra bucks because it was a bit touched (for some reason they cancelled the power amp section, so the volume was very low).

It sounds good, i guess. But i have several problems with it:

- It buzzes. It works like an antenna.. i move my guitar and it

• Members

At least you didn't pay $1,100 for the Woody Pro JR. like I did. Talk about idiot. This amp is absolutely beautiful to look at - oiled bubinga wood with 3 brass strips down the front and an old style Fender badge made of metal.

Mine vibrates so much, it breaks solder joints. The chicken head knobs have a bushing that fits tightly into the face plate making the knobs hard to turn after years of neglect.

Just brought it in to have it worked on - pots were wicked scractchy and the thing was just noise. When I picked it up, the knobs were harder to turn than before. Store guy takes knobs off and we find that some gorilla, probably his tech, over tightened the set screws on the plastic pot shafts and {censored}ing broke them. I paid the guy $50 and he gave me my amp and a {censored}ing bag with the knobs, bushings and ends of the broken shaft.

Am I going to sell mine? No. No one would buy it for more than $400, if that (especially with no knobs that properly fit the cheap plastic broken pot shafts).

Should you sell yours? I don't think so and count your blessings you only paid $130 for it.

Good luck.

• Members

have a Fender Pro Junior, of the old ones, Made in USA. i paid 130 for it, and put some extra bucks because it was a bit touched (for some reason they cancelled the power amp section, so the volume was very low).

It sounds good, i guess. But i have several problems with it:

- It buzzes. It works like an antenna.. i move my guitar and it

• Members

heh, i will not sell it in ebay.. i will it in the local market, and the prices are generally 350-400 for them. here in uruguay everything is more expensive. Blue Juniors were sold new for about 700 bucks.

the buzzing and rattling, i read in several places that is pretty common but i never figured how to fix it. anyone solved it?

and also, anyone ever sold small tube amp just to buy a bigger solid-state one?

• Members

I was planning on getting one recently, and tried out a few new and used ones and they were probably the most noisy amps I've ever heard. Some were worse than others, but none of them would have worked for recording, which is what I wanted it for. I couldn't believe how much hum they put out. I've read rave reviews about them, although a number of people have complained about this problem, and offered some solutions which only seem to work in some cases.

Archived