Need heavy metal amp

jiffy999

• Members

Don't get me wrong, I love Dime to death, but his tone wasn't all that great; not bad, but not great. I would say a decent solid state with a really good pedal in front with high output pickups should do the trick easily. My two cents anyway. If money is no object, then I'd suggest getting a Randall Warhead with the matching 4x12's and 2x15's, Dime Doubleshot pedal, and guitar with a Dimebucker in the bridge.

• Members
Ok.. just give me some suggestions for a good metal amp then.

Well, with no budget you're looking at stuff like Diezel, Bogner, ENGL, Framus, VHT, Mesa Boogie, and Marshall... and there are certainly more. What kind of voicing are you looking for? Dime's tone isn't really that bad or anything, it's just not what most players out there are going for.

• Members

Randall RG100HT

Randall RG100ES

Randall C-200

Randall C-200II

add a 3 or 4 band parametric eq a graphic eq and your set for dimes tone.

I know LOTS of people after dimes tone, sure it's not a Diezel, Mesa, Bogner or even old Marshall tone, but it was a kick ass tone none the less.

Other amps to consider in the S.S. catagory.....

Ampeg VH140C (theres a couple for sale here on HC right now)

Pearce G2R

Line 6 (good luck with that)

• Members

Try and find something that sounds good to your ears. Go to some music stores and try out different amps. If you want a metal amp then I would suggest checking out a Peavey 5150/6505, Mesa Dual Rec, Marshall JVM, etc... There are tons of other amps out there too but it might be hard to find one available to play. Brands like Engl, Bogner, VHT, Orange, Diezel, & Framus come to mind. For SS check out the higher end Randalls like the V2 or T2. I would go tube though. Hope that helps.

Archived