Seeking Access Virus advice

• Members

I've owned a few MFB synths in the past and while the filters sound nice they are pretty frustrating instruments in a lot of ways. The Virus is like a Rolls Royce while MFB is like a Yugo. Of course, the prices reflect that.

Don't forget that the MFB synths are all monophonic, have limited MIDI functionality and lack computer integration features.

The bottom line is I sold my MFBs and now own a Virus.

Yeah but he was talking about the Dominion-5 which will be a 5-voice, 3VCO poly analog synth.

I wouldn't consider it if only for the fact that there's no release date for it, it could take years if it ever comes out.

• Members

I wonder how much that new MFB will go for. The Oberheim Son of Four Voice was originally thought to go for around $3500 but the site now says "to be determined". 1790 Euro for the MFB is around that $3500 range.

At that price range the contenders would be the Solaris (digital/VA, but good track record - it exists!) and the SO4V (unless it's repriced to over $4500).

• Members

I wonder how much that new MFB will go for. The Oberheim Son of Four Voice was originally thought to go for around $3500 but the site now says "to be determined". 1790 Euro for the MFB is around that $3500 range.

At that price range the contenders would be the Solaris (digital/VA, but good track record - it exists!) and the SO4V (unless it's repriced to over $4500).

No, you're thinking 1790 british pounds, not 1790 Euros. 1790 Euros should be around 2000 dollars.

• Members

From the sound samples that have been posted of the new filter MFB created (which is multi-mode), and the fact that there will be 5 voices of 3VCOs each, makes this a totally different synth from the P08. I'd say that for a similar price the Dominion 5 looks much more appealing.

Archived