Massachusetts bands(south shore) rehersal space warning

Hua and a tele

• Members

This is just a quick warning for bands on the south shore of MA looking for a rehersal space. There is a place in Quincy behind Dee Dee's lounge which offers rooms for rent. At first everything seemed kosher, but it wasn't. They have a serious water leakage issue and they'll rip you off for rent. When we moved in there was puddles on the floor, the owner told us it was a city issue and it would be fixed in a few weeks. A few months later it still wasn't fixed and the studio flooded, luckily our gear was untouched by the water. The owner lied about what caused it. We got three different stories. We're pretty sure we could hear running water under the floor of our room(which the owner had rasied using cinder blocks due to the water). He told us we may have to pay electricity if we're up there all the time. We were there on average 4-5 hours a week and he charged us 35 dollars every month for electricity, now there was no way we used that much. That's about what the electricity bill is for my 3 bedroom apartment. Anyway, just a warning if you happen to be shopping for a room at the moment. Nothing happened to our stuff, but it seems it's only a heavy rainfall away at this place. He advertises on craigslist.

• Members

your not the first person who's had trouble with this guy ..

I remember not to far back ... a guy was posting right on Craigslist that the " Rehearsal " space in Quincy was bull{censored} .

Something about the guy dicking them around ...

you should do the same thing till this asshole gives up ripping off people ..

• Members

Yeah taunton is $400 a month which we were trying to avoid. We've been to priority a couple times and it's alright for what it is. A guy who used to own a building we practice in just bought and a warehouse and redid into rooms in Brockton. 12x16 for $250 a month which includes basic cable,high speed internet and a bunch of other stuff. We'll probably gonna end up there

• Members

Yeah taunton is $400 a month which we were trying to avoid. We've been to priority a couple times and it's alright for what it is. A guy who used to own a building we practice in just bought and a warehouse and redid into rooms in Brockton. 12x16 for $250 a month which includes basic cable,high speed internet and a bunch of other stuff. We'll probably gonna end up there

No {censored}? You have any contact info? And where in Brockton? I hope its not downtown around the police station... bad memories of Blackbird.

• Members

It's the Drummers lounge two. Which may bring bad memories if you were in the original drummers lounge when it burnt down with everyones equipment. Which I was, but this place is state of the art. It's on the corner of Warren Ave. and Dover St. If you were at the end of forest ave where it intersects warren ave. take a left and dover street is your second or third right. My singer checked the place out last night and said it was awesome. The rooms for three hundred were like 14x24. They have a website if you search the drummers lounge 2. If you end up there let me know the owner Dave Murphy gives you a finders fee(money off rent) if you refer someone who gets a room there. We're written in for the beginning/middle of june.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Actually the only place to go for monthly rehearsal studios and practice rooms is the Music Mill Rehearsal Space Complex. It has been in business 21 year and is run by music industry execs. They keep the price low (you can get into a large room for about $275 a month) because they are directly involved in the music business itself, and they run it like a cooperative even though it is privately owned. The security is second to none, and it is real security not an access card. They always run promotions like getting a free months rent when you switch your practice space to theirs. Too much more to list here, but apparently over two thousand musicians have rehearsed there and it is not a fly-by-night operation. You don't have to pay big bucks to get a good deal here. Depending on where you are coming from, it is centrally located at the junction of I-495 and Route 3 on the Chelmsford/Lowell line. The complex handles business coming from Boston to Worcester, and as far north as Manchester New Hampshire and well worth the commute to be in a 1st class environment without the huge price. Here's the weblink http://musicmillrehearsal.com

Archived