Alesis Ion--Your experience with it?

plawren53202

• Members

All bow to Plinky's mad genius talents.

@Synthaholic:

I never explored the full of Fusion's potential - and part of that lies with the Fusion itself. Like the sequencer - once I found out that after recording MIDI and audio tracks, they didn't sync with each other even in OS 1.24, I gave up on the sequencer. Also, I never got good at programming the FM engine, though I do love FM sounds (and have purchased a commercial bank from Klaus at BITR that just plainly rocks).

What I did quite a lot was program/tweak VA sounds, and layer them with the TON of sampled sounds that are available (and some sound extremely good). The "fusion" of sounds that you can create in a "mix" is just so much fun.

Just explore that side of it and leave the sequencer alone, and you'll have tons of fun.

Oh and to me pianos and EPs are the most important thing in a keyboard... the Rhodes was for a long time its weak point for me. Then Jeff made his jrhodes available for the Fusion and Hollow Sun incorporated it. So if you have the jrhodes, I think my tweaks made it a truly world-class Rhodes as the samples are really good (thanks Jeff!) but had been a bit poorly programmed by Hollow Sun. I've mostly worked on the envelopes and added effects. Here: https://www.box.com/files#/files/0/f/26242392/1/f_272086964 I like that Rhodes better than Scarbee's (personal preference, don't flame me...).

• Members

All bow to Plinky's mad genius talents.

@Synthaholic:

I never explored the full of Fusion's potential - and part of that lies with the Fusion itself. Like the sequencer - once I found out that after recording MIDI and audio tracks, they didn't sync with each other even in OS 1.24, I gave up on the sequencer. Also, I never got good at programming the FM engine, though I do love FM sounds (and have purchased a commercial bank from Klaus at BITR that just plainly rocks).

What I did quite a lot was program/tweak VA sounds, and layer them with the TON of sampled sounds that are available (and some sound extremely good). The "fusion" of sounds that you can create in a "mix" is just so much fun.

Just explore that side of it and leave the sequencer alone, and you'll have tons of fun.

Oh and to me pianos and EPs are the most important thing in a keyboard... the Rhodes was for a long time its weak point for me. Then Jeff made his jrhodes available for the Fusion and Hollow Sun incorporated it. So if you have the jrhodes, I think my tweaks made it a truly world-class Rhodes as the samples are really good (thanks Jeff!) but had been a bit poorly programmed by Hollow Sun. I've mostly worked on the envelopes and added effects. Here:
I like that Rhodes better than Scarbee's (personal preference, don't flame me...).

I'm getting a "no file found" error on that link. "The item you are trying to access has either been deleted or is unavailable to you"

• Members

It just worked for me here... and I get admin e-mails from box.com saying it's been downloaded, in fact someone downloaded just last week...

You do need to have the jrhodes multi-sample, as I just created programs for it. Hollow Sun doesn't have it anymore, but if you want me to I can send it to you. I also have a couple new programs for the HS Grand in there (a two-velocity grand piano that's quite sweet even if recorded a bit low).

• Members

It just worked for me here... and I get admin e-mails from box.com saying it's been downloaded, in fact someone downloaded just last week...

You do need to have the jrhodes multi-sample, as I just created programs for it. Hollow Sun doesn't have it anymore, but if you want me to I can send it to you. I also have a couple new programs for the HS Grand in there (a two-velocity grand piano that's quite sweet even if recorded a bit low).

Well, it does say "The item you are trying to access has either been deleted or is unavailable to you". I just signed up - maybe there is a waiting period? Did you restrict who could see that file, or does the site restrict it to paying customers? I signed up for the free version.

Archived