OT: NBA Draft

FallofEmpyrean

• Members

Wow, the Trailblazers won the 1st pick in the draft. They are going to be a definite team to watch next season with (probably) Greg Oden, alongside an already promising core of young'ns in Zach Randolf, Brandon Roy, and LaMarcus Aldridge.

Besides, the usual playoff suspects, I think we can expect to see the Trailblazers and the 76ers make a nice impact next season.

Sucks that the Suns didn't get Atlanta's 1st round pick, as that would have made some nice trade incentive.

• Members

should be interesting. i kind of wanted to see oden in a celtics uni just because many have compared him to bill russell, and their great tradition but i'd rather see him in portland than seattle or . . . who was the other team in the top three? anyway, the "big O" is gonna be great and so is conley jr. i'm a little biased b/c i'm an osu student, but it was a lot of fun watching them go for one year.

• Members

Ugh the other team in the top 3 was (of course, being a Suns fan) Atlanta, so the Suns lose out on the chance to pick in the top 7. It'll be an interesting off-season for the Suns. Don't think we'll have both Stoudemire and Marion back next year. However, now D'Antoni has to decide which to unload ... tough decision. Marion is way more rounded, but Stoudemire is just a monster. Marcus Banks will be gone for sure.

• Members

What blows is that Seattle got the #2 spot. So, no matter what happens, my Nuggets will be playing both Oden and Durant quite a few times a year for the forseeable future...

Coincidence that Seattle is trying to sell the team *cough*

• Members

I'm hoping the Suns can somehow land KG. I'd be content with the same line-up (since it's a given that Barbosa, James Jones, and Stoudemire will only improve), but KG would provide another killer inside presence. However, trading Stoudemire for him (as rumored) would be ridiculous, since they're the same type of player, but STAT is 6 years younger than him.

I think the Suns should consider moving whoever it takes to win a championship next year (or MAYBE '09), since I think after next couple seasons, Nash will start descending in ability anyway, and we'll go back into 45 wins a season or so for the next few years after that.

Archived