Ernie ball John petrucci model owners ?

em07189

• Members

Hi everyone!

I'm interrested in buying a new guitar and i want to make a question to you about this model.

I not yet had the chance to test this model , but one of the things that i like in this model is the bridge, I think that lowers and rises the pitch right? and another thing i like, is that does not have that floyd rose lock in the neck nut, wich allows to easy tune the guitar on drop D in one song , and in the another song easy tune to the standard tunning.
But since this guitar do not have this floyd rose lockers, when you abuse of this floyd rose does the guitar stay in tune?

Thanks.

• Members

It's not a floyd, but it is a floating trem. If you do a drop tuning the rest of the strings are going to move out of tune just like a real floyd. it does stay in tune fairly well, but I don't do much crazy whammy bar stuff these days. Great guitar though.

• Members

It's not a floyd, but it is a floating trem. If you do a drop tuning the rest of the strings are going to move out of tune just like a real floyd. it does stay in tune fairly well, but I don't do much crazy whammy bar stuff these days. Great guitar though.

+1. You can just about get away with Drop D, but only just. The bridge is great IMO, stays in tune very well, even after some abuse, but don't expect to be doing full on Vai-style stuff where he dominates his bridge, and then expect it to return to perfect pitch. The bridge on the whole is great though, string changes are a breeze.

• Members

+1. You can
just about
get away with Drop D, but only just. The bridge is great IMO, stays in tune very well, even after some abuse, but don't expect to be doing full on Vai-style stuff where he dominates his bridge, and then expect it to return to perfect pitch. The bridge on the whole is great though, string changes are a breeze.

I kinda wish they had an option to have an official floyd rose

Archived