How can I add patches to the Roland GR-33?

LBOIV001

• Members

I just bought the Roland GR-33, and I love most of the presets.

HOWEVER......................

I play a lot of upbeat country and bluegrass, as well as pop, classic rock, etc. etc.

I am VERY disappointed that the unit does not have a banjo patch like the GR-20, which I used to own. NOR does it have a very convincing lead violin sound, both of which I need.

Can I download these patches off the PC without having to shell out for an external MIDI unit? I really need these patches.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

• Members

You can't add patches to the GR-33, as far as I know.

However I'm sure you could tweak what you need. There is a banjo waveform in there - it's number 95 in the Tone section. You could easily build a banjo patch around that. Number 96 and 97 are mandolin tones. Also, Tone number 314 is violin solo and 316 is fiddle. Editing patches on the GR33 is pretty easy once you learn the basics - it's got much more sound creating potential than the GR20.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Members

Without trying too hard to sound like an idiot, I still can't get the banjo patch to save to a user patch. Would it be too much to ask to (beg) you to walk through the steps?

All of the user presets are easy to save.....I can't understand why it won't let me save this tone.

I would be very grateful if you were to take the time to do this. I appreciate your help!

Thanks again.

Archived