Orange 1x12 for Mark III?

tomrulz

• Members

Just picked up a mark III combo, I love the core sound that I'm getting but I feel a closed back cab would do wonders for tightening it up and giving a little more oomph. Would the Orange 1x12 be a good match for it? If not, any other suggestions? I need something readily available in shops in Western Australia so that kind of limits my options, but shipping a cab over would cost a fortune so yeah, cheers.

Edit: Just discovered the Orange cab is 16 ohms, the extension speaker jacks on the Boogie are 4 ohms, I think I know the answer but I'm just clarifying that this is indeed safe to use?

• Members

Oddone-I was more saying It'd cost {censored}loads to ship one from America, people always seem to recommend Avatar cabs and the like...That being said, I didn't realise It'd be THAT cheap to bring one over from over east. I don't think the Boogie would be too much for the speaker to handle since it only has a 1x12 speaker itself? The speaker in the Orange is a Celestion G12K-100.

• Members

yeah i knew it had one speaker but i wasnt sure of the rating. the mesa could have had a 100watt speaker and the orange could be 25 watts like a greenback or something. i had no idea. either way ship it from sydney or melbourne. www.guitar.com.au seems cool and what not, a 4x12 orange cab (they weigh alot) was only $85 to ship i think.

Archived