Hey Ma! Look! Im a synthesist! (studio pics/gear list thread)

Analog Kid

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Analog Kid

http://www.geocities.com/identity_st/pics/AKStudio.jpg

the final studio setup... basically

Nice picture man. You're set up is lookin' sweeeeeet :D

Let's hear some of those NEW drum tracks!!! I can't wait to hear your new toy. I've got a few friend with V-Drums, and they ALL love 'em. Good luck and have fun.

• Members

John, i see your Xpander isn't even connected.. Shame on you !! grinning-smiley-044.gif

seriously, i still hope you resolve the JP6 issue (u should sue the bastard), but i wanted to ask you before - considering you got a Xpander just recently, that is one of the best CEM-based synths, how come you decided to go for another CEM synth, as Jupiter 6, as your next analog polyphonic ? besides that, similarity is in both of them having software envelopes.

i mean, i know JP6 sounds different from Xpander, with Roland JP filter and all, but there are other polyphonic options that are more complementary to XP, as in 'more different', imo. just curious..

• Members

Originally posted by clusterchord

John, i see your Xpander isn't even connected.. Shame on you !!
grinning-smiley-044.gif

seriously, i still hope you resolve the JP6 issue (u should sue the bastard), but i wanted to ask you before - considering you got a Xpander just recently, that is one of the best CEM-based synths, how come you decided to go for another CEM synth, as Jupiter 6, as your next analog polyphonic ? besides that, similarity is in both of them having software envelopes.

i mean, i know JP6 sounds different from Xpander, with Roland JP filter and all, but there are other polyphonic options that are more complementary to XP, as in 'more different', imo. just curious..

Well i tend to keep the xpander unpluged till i actually have a track written and ready for sound design no need to keep these old synths on all the time... I feel that the JP6's filter sounds a lot different from the xpander i believe the xpander to be truly unique.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

rearranged the studio, and took some photos -

IMG_1761.jpg

RS-09, MC-202, FR Revolution, Nord G2, Yamaha CS-15

IMG_1756.jpg

left to right: machinedrum and sherman filterbank, XTK 10 voice

Right rack: waldorf Pulse on top (on loan from my guitarist), FS1r, OB Matrix 1000, Sidstation, Mono Evolver, Monomachine, tape deck remot :D

IMG_1752.jpg

shelves on top left: pedals and such

Crumar Orchestrator and Juno 6. Guitars are over on the right of that setup.

Archived