Line 6 Toneport DI - Blues clip posted...

AndyZ

• Members

I did a bunch of Blues based cues recently for a horror film and though I'd post one that that I thought really showed off how good it sounded. It's a little over a minute long.

I'm using the Toneport DI with the Gold Bundle, running through Gearbox. There's a about 4 guitar parts. I'd have to look it up to be sure, but it's using the Supro into a 1x15 cab, Bassman model for some rhythm and I think the 18w Marshall for the lead, which the rotary horn on it. I also used the Variax bass on it, using the Bass OD stomp into the LA2A comp and no amp modeling to give it some dirt with some compression on it. I really like using this lately, even adding it in the mix with regular tracked tube amps. When blended right it totally stands out in the mix. Guitar was a Telecaster with Bill Lawrence Keystone pickups.

If anyone likes the patches enough shoot me an email and I'll pull em off and email em to ya.

It's on one of my myspace pages here, 2nd clip down called Sloe Mojo Blues...

http://www.myspace.com/andyztunes

EDITED:

I also added this page with high rez MP3 version of 3 clips now. Should sound mo betta! 320 kbps now.

http://www.instituteofnoise.com/l6/toneportdemos.asp

• Members

I did a bunch of Blues based cues recently for a horror film and though I'd post one that that I thought really showed off how good it sounded. It's a little over a minute long.

I'm using the Toneport DI with the Gold Bundle, running through Gearbox. There's a about 4 guitar parts. I'd have to look it up to be sure, but it's using the Supro into a 1x15 cab, Bassman model for some rhythm and I think the 18w Marshall for the lead, which the rotary horn on it. I also used the Variax bass on it, using the Bass OD stomp into the LA2A comp and no amp modeling to give it some dirt with some compression on it. I really like using this lately, even adding it in the mix with regular tracked tube amps. When blended right it totally stands out in the mix. Guitar was a Telecaster with Bill Lawrence Keystone pickups.

If anyone likes the patches enough shoot me an email and I'll pull em off and email em to ya.

It's on one of my myspace pages here, 2nd clip down called Sloe Mojo Blues...

Cool stuff man! I've got the TonePort UX2, not the plug-in, but I think it's pretty much the same models, except the Gold has more than the standard UX2 set.

• Members

Thank guys! Mrmot, that is actually Reason Drums 2.0. Some extensive editing. I used some MIDI templates for Reason and isolated parts I wanted. Each drum part was brought into ProTools individual tracks, eq'd and adjusted with various plugins to give it more of a retro feel and sound. Actuall once I ind a groove and tempo and can cut it up pretty quick. That whole track from idea to completion was about 5 hours ot fime.

Archived