Listen To My Songs!

• Members

Reminds me of Robyn Hitchcock-

I keep telling people that soundfonts make great drums with good MIDI files but no one listens.

The voice is fine! in fact-I like it, (hitchcock) it just needs a little more authority sometimes and the pitch wavers a bit much. just practice those quiet bits a bit more. And the "bass tone" sounds like it may also be a soundfont....It doesn't quite sound real to me (is it real?) but overall this is the some of the better stuff I've heard on mp3.com ususally it's some wanker shred dude with no song structure or something so boring that I can't bear it.

Good structure, programming, guitar, writing, overall for a one man show I'm impressed.

What applications/recording tools are you using?

Peace,

Bryan

• Members

Yeah.. the bass sucks and you're right, it's not real.

I used a very old MIDI sequencer (Evolution Midi) and N-Track Studio recording software. My soundcard is the basic SB Live!.

I don't have the money to buy fancy gear so I just try to get the best results with what I have.

Thank you for the feedback..

• Members

Ha!

Brother-that sounded VERY good, better than some of the junk I've heard from guys with 24/96 setups and expensive mics.

Did you get Evolution Audio from Computer Music?

I'm working now with Cakewalk Home Studio 2002 and a Soundblaster Live!-

I also use soundfonts-

It seems like the British mags tend to champion the minimal kit route and the use of imagination, whereas the Americans tend to favor the "acquire as much as you can and brag about what you are going to do with it someday" philosophy.

Good Show!

-Bryan

• Members

I've tried out some more professional softwares like Pro Tools, Logic Audio, Cakewalk and Cubase but basically I just got really confused.. :)

I'd rather spend my time trying to write songs than figuring out how to use the latest version of the most complicated recording software.

• Members

sounds good... i only listened to one song, but it sounded pretty nice. The bass was kinda loud and not-very-appealing, but the drums and guitars were great. The vocals were really nice too, imo, not "perfect" but a lot better than me! :)

Keep it up, it sounds radio-friendly to me, if that's what you're going for. There's defintely potential.

Archived