Well, I suppose I'll join the thread of "CRITIQUE MY LYRICS!!" :)

rachigator

• Members

I had a creative burst last night... I was in rare form and was all hyper. After runnnnning to my room, I looked at my guitar, sat down and wrote a song. The lyrics I wrote a while back, but it was unusual for me to just have some lyrics that I wrote a while ago go unchanged. So have at it... be kind, be blunt, be an asshole... I really don't care so long as you're honest. After all, in the end, I don't give a {censored} what you think... I write because I love it. :) :) But you're feedback is much appreciated! :)

We'll call it "Upwards From My Innards" for now...

All I can see

Is your enamored smile

And your gentler kiss--

They both make me sick

I never thought you'd be

A lifer gone so sour...

And I had such hope for you.

Oh, I changed so quick.

Upwards from my innards

Comes the labor of my love.

I'm fast to choke it down

As I lean on my own broken legs.

While walking away,

You drew a crowd

As I watched with tears behind

My brown eyes.

Waiting for a moment

Without your salty shroud,

I'll watch your back

And ponder the solitary.

Upwards from my innards

Comes the labor of my love.

I'm fast to choke it down

As I lean on my own broken legs.

You've left me nothing to draw from

But the blood of my survival.

And I'm not so sure

If I'll later want to share...

The last verse goes along with the chorus... It's got a minor, backbeat blues kinda swing to it. Yah.. now that I think of it, these are the least structured lyrics I've written in a while. So let a girl know. Thanks!

• Members

Sounds like it could be a great nu-metal song! ;)

But seriously, the idea is well defined in your lyrics. My only complaint (and it's just my opinion) is that you seem to be trying to cover too much ground with one song. I would try to concentrate on one thought or feeling and flesh it out more.

Just my opinion, again. :)

-fries-

• Members

Thanks for the feedback!

About the syllables... they don't sound good enough when spoken, but somehow work when sung to music. I can't explain it.. except the last word... where it says "...solitary" I originally had "...impossible compromise"

I dont' know... the word 'solitary' just doesn't feel right. any suggestions would be welcome.

And the too much ground... i agree... but it was this whole situation that gave me that many things to think about all at once... maybe subconsciously i was trying to convey my confusion within. ;) do I sound pretentious yet? :)

But seriously, thanks guys. I enjoy hearing your feedback.

• Members

I think "leaning on broken legs" would fit better than "As I lean on my own broken legs"

"solitude" is the word you're looking for with "solitary". Still may not be what you want, but solitary needs to describe something - solitary compromise, solitary madness, etc.

Archived