Movies to watch when you have writer

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My top 5:

1) Any Disney movie. :) cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy *sniff*

2) Star Trek: Voyager. All this psycho stuff (Borg etc) provokes feelings! Fave episodes: "One Small Step", "Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy", "The Gift" (this one is heavy), "Dark Frontier", "Barge of the Dead"...

3) Breaking The Waves *ughhh*

4) Cartoons *meep meep* :)

5) Alien *gasp*

6) Hunt for Red October (great Russian chanting!!!)

7) Star Trek: First contact ("Captain Ahab has to hunt his whale")

8) Wrestling *grin*

9) South Park *ummmmmmmm...*

10) everything that makes me feel weird.

Yours???????

*s*

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by sunder

My top 5:

1) Any Disney movie.
:)
cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy *sniff*

2) Star Trek: Voyager. All this psycho stuff (Borg etc) provokes feelings! Fave episodes: "One Small Step", "Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy", "The Gift" (this one is heavy), "Dark Frontier", "Barge of the Dead"...

3) Breaking The Waves *ughhh*

4) Cartoons *meep meep*
:)
5) Alien *gasp*

6) Hunt for Red October (great Russian chanting!!!)

7) Star Trek: First contact ("Captain Ahab has to hunt his whale")

8) Wrestling *grin*

9) South Park *ummmmmmmm...*

10) everything that makes me feel weird.

Yours???????

*s*

I just didn't want to insult your intelligence by saying, "WOW! SURPRISE! it's actually 10 not 5". I count OK.

• Members

Now why would you watch a really {censored}ed up flick about a cat writing wrestling pictures when you're having writing problems. I'd be afraid John Goodman would come and help.

Barton Fink was written by the Coen's when they had writer's block trying to finish Miller's Crossing.

So you can see my keeraizy sacrastic wit all over the place on that one.

"I'll show you the life of the mind"

• Members

Reservoir Dogs:

It's all about writing and writer's block. The little scene where Tim Roth has to create an anecdotal story to share with his partner's in crime while undercover - it's a writing seminar in the guise of film-noir.

• Members

The Shining:eek:

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

A Beautiful Mind really inspired me. such a great story. also anything to do with red hot chili peppers, especially bloodsugarsexmagik era stuff really makes me run to my guitar!! if only i could find a bass player with the same drive...

• Members

Come on guys, nothing beats Spinal Tap for sheer inspiration!

I mean, whenever I see these guys in action they make me laugh so much. Especially the early band 'footage!'

I have even wondered about songwriting using unusual combinations of instruments. Like the point where they all play bass guitars, and the actual bass player has a double neck bass. 4 and 4 strings!

Classic movie for music inspiration!

Archived