Help me choose an amp!

fluff

• Members

Hi all, I'm currently playing through a Vox AC-30 but its not really giving me the sound I'm after, Its great for certain songs and sounds awesome clean but like I said its not it's exactly what I'm after.The trouble with it is it sounds too 'twangy' and 'clean' even cranked right up. I'm more after the Marshall sound of the early Oasis era, just like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fQ9BnRsgWQ

The thing is my dad has the Marshall JMC 2000 and it sounds great but I don't expect him to let me gig with it. And would seem a bit of a waste to have two of the same amps in the house when I could have something a bit different we could both enjoy, you know what i mean? So do you guys have any suggestions of any amps that could give me that kind of sound?

I would like to to be a head and and cab

FX loop is a must

and preferably have a crunch/overdrive channel also

Cheers dears! :thu:

• Members

are those something you have to build yourself? what about fender heads, would they have anything to suit me do you think?

fender tonemasters are cool

great clean channel and one of the only fenders with a legitimate distortion channel

i cant remember if any of them had effects loops though

• Members

are those something you have to build yourself? what about fender heads, would they have anything to suit me do you think?

No, if you want you can buy the complete amp, the only thing you don't have is the amp box.

Look at the plexi clones, they are outstanding, and if you like Fenders but you want also a great overdrive tone take a look at the Jtm50.

Archived