What are your favorite BeeGees songs?

Tedddy

• Members

Originally posted by electricmel

Don't any of you go back to their psychadelic pastiche days?

New York Mining Disaster

How Can You Mend A Broken Heart?

Melody Fair

I Started a Joke

...and my favorite...Lonely Days

You took every one I was going to say except "You Don't Know What It's Like (To Love Somebody)". Great stuff!!

• Members

Originally posted by Kingnome

"Nights On Broadway" Great arrangement !!! All you guys who used to think they were lightweights should listen to this song again.

Thats what I was going to say. No sense in repeating it.

• Members

Originally posted by Kingnome

Ozraves- Help me.....?

Who is Graham Parker, and who is Graham Parsons ?

I'm confused.

I used to suffer from the same malady.

Gram Parsons was the man who started the whole alt country thing back in the late 1960s and early 1970s. He turned Jagger and Richards onto country and they wrote "Wild Horses" and still write a country song on occasion.

Graham Parker? All you need to know is that he is not Gram Parsons. I think he was a Warren Zevon wannabe. Or is that...

• Members

Thanks for the links...

I'm wondering if I ever heard this guy's stuff, but the song lists didn't jog my memory. They mentioned alot of country-rock, but I'm surprised The Outlaws didn't get mentioned, being from Florida and all. I guess they came a couple of years later.

Fascinating story about his untimely death. I never would have guessed it wasn't illegal to steal a corpse at that time !!

Thanks again !

p.s.- I remember the song "Local Girls" by Graham Parker, though. I liked that tune.

• Members

Originally posted by Wayrockin1

"You Don't Know What It's Like (To Love Somebody)". Great stuff!!

ditto. I find myself playing that song everytime I'm just standing in front of a mic at practice. I don't think the rest of the band likes it as much as i do, though!

Gram Parson's version is pretty great, too, btw.

Archived