Cab trade SPAM

The Broken Remain

• Members

I got a Genz Benz 212 recently, and it sounds great, better than any 212 cab I've heard before...but it's a 16 ohm cabinet and I need an 8 ohm cab to run with my GFlex 412.

Basically I'm looking for trades only, I'll consider any reasonable offers for 212 or even 412 cabs wired at 8 ohms, +/- cash if necessary.

What I'm really interested in.....Vader 212, 412, or 215, Avatar 412 with V30s, basically just anything suitable for metal.

:wave:

• Members
Swap out the speakers.
:o
Anthony Lucas of Eminence says the G-Flex speakers are VERY close to the Legend V12. I used to use some Eminence Governors in my G-Flexes and they sound friggin' sweet. If you really like the G-Flex, then why not keep it and do some experimenting?
:)

Hmm...well there's an idea that I didn't really think about. So if I get 2 speakers and want it to be an 8 ohm cab (I'm ohm illiterate) do I want to buy a pair of 4, 8, or 16 ohm speakers? Thanks.

• Members

Hmm...well there's an idea that I didn't really think about. So if I get 2 speakers and want it to be an 8 ohm cab (I'm ohm illiterate) do I want to buy a pair of 4, 8, or 16 ohm speakers? Thanks.

two 16 ohm speakers will give you an 8 ohm load when you plug into the 4 ohm jack on the G-Flex 212. Or four 16 ohm speakers will give you a 16 ohm load in the 8ohm jack on your 412. Ask Sordid1 about his setup. He has a G-Flex 412 and a 212 with Governors....I believe.

• Members
two 16 ohm speakers will give you an 8 ohm load when you plug into the 4 ohm jack on the G-Flex 212. Or four 16 ohm speakers will give you a 16 ohm load in the 8ohm jack on your 412. Ask Sordid1 about his setup. He has a G-Flex 412 and a 212 with Governors....I believe.

So if I swapped out the speakers I wouldn't use the regular 16 ohm mono jack on the 212? :confused:

• Members

So if I swapped out the speakers I wouldn't use the regular 16 ohm mono jack on the 212?
:confused:

The 212 has four inputs, the 16ohm, series-wired jack and the 4ohm, parallel-wired jack and two 8 ohm jacks for stereo use. So, with two 16 ohm speakers, the series load would be 32ohms and the parallel load would be 8ohms and a 16 ohm load per side for stereo.

Archived