If you voted for NHL in the Sports poll answer this!

BadCompany89

• Members

Ill play..

I dont care for the "new NHL" by any stretch of the imagination! Ive been a fan for about 25 yrs and the new product (after the lockout) was tuff to watch! --- I was ok with "some" rule changes (automatic offside eliminated, red line, etc) but Garry Bettman turned the league into ice capades, the physicality of the league is really eliminated which is sad. The game is supposed to be a combo of skill including speed, skating, passing, AND hitting, physicalness, and some intimidation/occasional fights but there REALLY REALLY REALLY trying to get rid of the tuffness, very sad..

I just didnt recoginize the game i loved for so long! I turned on a game after the lockout and was MORTIFIED! PENALTY PENALTY PENALTY PENALTY no flow to the game and alot of hitting was gone! :cry:

They are clearly trying to turn the game into something 4 soccer moms and the casual fan while forgetting the hardcore fan like myself! The old intensity and rivalry of NHL games was no where to be found! There trying to make it into Euro hockey (NO THANKS!) Factor in overexpansion which resulted in ,lower scoring more clutching grabbing the product suffered ALOT. ----- T.V and game attendance was down this yr (just 1 yr after promo's, free tix, etc) alot of people just dont like the product!

Screw Garry Bettman and his new "No Hitting League" :bor::mad:

:idea:

Archived