Recently acquired an Engl Invader 100...

Buzzm Frog

• Members

Basically, I'm in love. The only problem I have is on high gain levels....it's beyond noisy! The noise gate works fairly well, but I tend to use the volume knob a lot in my playing, and the noise comes through pretty badly even before the gate takes effect. Anyone else have this amp, or is noise a big problem with Engls overall? If anyone has some tips, or knows of a noise suppressor that could help with my situation, I would greatly appreciate it.

• Members

Yup the ISP is awesome, still it's a pretty heavy noise gate type of effect so I guess you would have the same problem still if you use your volume knob. Loud volumes and high gain settings cause noise, even with the most high end amps. The INVADER is an awesome amp, I am ordering one too monday!

• Members

hi! i just got an invader 150 myself and i find it pretty noisy at high gain -- which will definitely happen for all amps

i was using an isp decimator in my previous rack and it worked total wonders, i sold it because i thought the built in noise gate in the invader would suffice, but it does not. at settings where you cancle the noise, your notes get cut off suddenly when you try to sustain it. this has NEVER happend when i was using my decimator

im off to get the pedal version and you should too!

ps.. join the invader club!!

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1725148&highlight=invader :wave:

• Members

Basically, I'm in love. The only problem I have is on high gain levels....it's beyond noisy! The noise gate works fairly well, but I tend to use the volume knob a lot in my playing, and the noise comes through pretty badly even before the gate takes effect. Anyone else have this amp, or is noise a big problem with Engls overall? If anyone has some tips, or knows of a noise suppressor that could help with my situation, I would greatly appreciate it.

ISP ----> "DEFICATOR"

pppggghfhfhghfhghththghfhghthfhght!!!!

PLOP!!!

xgx

Archived