will still have you

but just a seperate package.

I try to reach you

but you're to far away

but I plan to stay

However long it takes

These yellow fields leave me jaded

but the blue sun left me burned

If I give you a tulip will you marry me?

If I give you a rose would you get together?

If I give you a hug would you love me?

If you gave me a gun, i would surely debase the world.

what'd you guys think?

bert

• Members

i like it, but i'd also like to see you fit that into a song. it'd be interesting to see how it works. one suggestion - the way you open it up: "I try to open up to you but i get thrown away" seems a little too cliche for me. it seems i've heard the phrases "open up" "thrown away" in way too many songs lately, but that's just my opinion.

i think the ending is solid. again, seems more like a poem than a song, which is how a lot of my lyrics look, so maybe i can learn something when i hear it sung. you got music for it ?

• Members

Originally posted by misanthropy

i like it,

Thanx

but i'd also like to see you fit that into a song. it'd be interesting to see how it works. one suggestion - the way you open it up: "I try to open up to you but i get thrown away" seems a little too cliche for me. it seems i've heard the phrases "open up" "thrown away" in way too many songs lately, but that's just my opinion.

Yes, i was leary on putting the open up and throw away stuff in there, for that fact mainly. It was late at nite, so I'll go back and revise it.

i think the ending is solid. again, seems more like a poem than a song, which is how a lot of my lyrics look, so maybe i can learn something when i hear it sung. you got music for it ?

I have music for it. But, i haven't shown it to my bad yet, so its on my stupid 4 track still. one I figure out a way to load those to my computer, I'll post some clips.

thanx for replying.

bert

Archived