I never wanted things to turn out this way

But I guess if it stops the decay then it's good

Just another let-down

In a world of constitution restitution destitution

Just another let-down

Left you waiting at the station

Thoughts filled with trepidation

--------==========---------============--------===========--------

Thanks guys, I still need to do the lyrics for the verse, then I'm all set to record it! But if there's any better lines you can think of, I'd pleased to hear 'em

• Members

Originally posted by DigitalGringo

Hey,

My only comment - I didn't think the word "Fled" sounded right (Verse2 , line 2)...

Just don't think it fits...

Otherwise, some great analogies, some good use of words (especially in the chorus)....

Yeah... I couldn't find another word to rhyme... that was my main area of concern. I'll go to bed and think about it I think

• Members

I think that the third pre chorus could be worked on a bit - all of the other pre choruses follow a particular rhyming scheme, and this one starts to but then breaks the form. I think it'd flow better if you did some rearranging - "i guess it's good if it stops the decay" or some such line would improve it greatly.

Also, I don't know how you plan on singing this, but to me the "constitution restitution destitution" bit seems as if it could be better if you let two of those words go and just used one. That'll depend on the music though.

Why not just "left" instead of "fled"? That'd work just fine.

• Members

Originally posted by ageofzeppelin

I think that the third pre chorus could be worked on a bit - all of the other pre choruses follow a particular rhyming scheme, and this one starts to but then breaks the form. I think it'd flow better if you did some rearranging - "i guess it's good if it stops the decay" or some such line would improve it greatly.

{censored} man, I wish I'd read that this morning! I just left it :(

Also, I don't know how you plan on singing this, but to me the "constitution restitution destitution" bit seems as if it could be better if you let two of those words go and just used one. That'll depend on the music though.

Yeah, don't worry, it fits comfortably! Have a listen... the links at the bottom of this post!

Originally posted by 403

not bad at all.... don't screw it up with the vocal melody

post a link once you've recorded it!

Thanks!

Just Another Let-Down

• Members

Originally posted by 403

hey nomad - either my download manager sucks or you've got a 166 byte song!!
:D

I think it's the first one

I reckon it must be your download manager, I tried it and it wa a 3.18Mb download! Keep tryin' hombre!

• Members

you know, i thought it was good. i usually don't have much use for anything non-guitar centered but to me, that's a good start to building a song. it's got a catchy chorus i think. one suggestion - think of some words that have a more obvious relationship to each other instead of "constitution, restitution, destitution". maybe "consitipation, anticipation, extracation" or "disillusion, prostitution, large protrusion". i dunno. just a thought.

good song man.

• Members

Originally posted by DigitalGringo

Hey,

My only comment - I didn't think the word "Fled" sounded right (Verse2 , line 2)...

Just don't think it fits...

Otherwise, some great analogies, some good use of words (especially in the chorus)....

what about "filled me with led"

• Members

The above posts focused on specifics, which I think are quite helpful given your request. However, the overall characteristics of these lyrics suggest a style of music that would purposely minimize or obscure the actual lyrical content so as to not distract from a showcase vocal or instrument arrangement. I

• Members

Wow. Thanks Horsehair! I really appreciate you taking the time to write that. I agreed with you for pretty much all of it. I'm my own biggest critic you see...

I'll read it again and believe me, it's all taken into consideration!

Thanks again!

-bob

• Members

Originally posted by Monkeytrumpets

Well, I have to say, these lyrics are astoundingly pedestrian. Trite would also be an appropriate description. I'm sorry, I was rash and unfair. These
were
written by the thirteen-year-old, right?

No... but close, I'm 17...

-edit: not that I can't take criticism, but can you psot some of YOUR lyrics please?

Archived