Help me!! I

MartiNBacK

• Members

Originally posted by BryanMichael

Well-

Here are some things developed by Brian Eno

to help you out:

explore-find the online version os the cards-have fun!

Peace,

Bryan

I read about these in an interview with David Bowie. Sounds like a neat idea, but not for the easily frustrated.

I probably couldn't be bothered with that technique because I have a low tolerance for stuff like that.

• Members

Rob-

It's kinda like a zen or reflective thing.

A typical card might be:

"Use unqualified people"

So WTF does that mean :confused:

Well, it's in the application of the knowledge.

Let's take that one for example.

Ask your mom (any unqualified persons opinions will work-Mom is just an example) what she thinks of the song-

what would she do differently?

what does she like? dislike?

Now listen to these things-TRY them-what do you have to lose, you are stuck anyway...

This may give you some new perspectives or new starting points.

Sometimes simply clearing your head and letting other ideas move to the front for awhile allows your subconciousl to work out the frustrating bit.

Peace,

Bryan

• Members

If I am struggling for musical inspiration, I try to forget about the creative process for a while. If you think about it too much, it won't flow. Go back and play some old favorites and have fun. If you start having fun and relax, the creative process may start to flow again.

• Members

This may seem strange, but....

I tune in a radio station that I never would listen to, then listen 'till I hear about ten seconds worth of a song I've never heard. If I like the feel or groove or whatever, I try to imitate it.

Since I don't listen to the whole thing, and my own style has developed pretty far, whatever I come up with is nowhere near that song, but inspired by it.

....I never told anyone this, so keep it to yourself, okay?

Archived