TSL100

surfcat

• Members

I love the Tsl122 for Van Halen type stuff but the reliability is pretty terrible according to HC reveiws-in the 6's. How's the TSL100 head? Seems to be about a point better and I can get a used one for a pretty good deal. I know the footswitches are crap. I wonder if they'll be available down the road for replacement? Impressions of the sounds? The Dsl I couldn't quite get into because of that hollow mid thing that can't be dialed out. Does the TSL do this? How are the classic 70's sounds on it? Does it pair well with greenbacks?

• Members

When you played the DSL, did you have the tone shift engaged?

The JCM2000s do not have a hollow mid scoop unless that button is pushed in.

Yeah, I switched it on and off. I liked the Dsl at first but something about it got tiring. It's not a bad amp but I'm not sure it's exactly what I want.

• Members

Reliability is the great musician boogie man. People who don't like their gear but can't figure out why not usually end up saying something about "reliability."

The only gear I've ever had quit on me has been gear that I have misused. If you take care of the {censored} you buy, you'll never have reliability issues unless you get one of the 2% statistical anomalies that are unavoidable no matter what the product is.

Take care of your gear and it will last a long time. I have a harmony amp from about 1965 that has never had a tube replaced. Think about that.

Archived