drum machine? please help

oblivionr9

• Members

Is there any good programs that let's you mix drum loops and simple bass rifs into your songs?? I'm pretty new at this "home recording business" so any help at all would do.

(It's mostly Alt. Rock tunes I'm doing if it matters)

-T

• Members

Originally posted by oblivionr9

Is there any good programs that let's you mix drum loops and simple bass rifs into your songs?? I'm pretty new at this "home recording business" so any help at all would do.

-T

Try Tuareg - http://www.brambos.com

It's a tool designed primarily for dance music, but if you have your own high quality samples, there's a free drum pattern and bassline editor that comes with it. It's also free.

• Members

Try Protools Free, or ntrack Studio. These are multitrack programs, that will let you do anything you want. Samples can be gotten ff the net just do a search for free samples. Or you can record your own playing into these programs, and they don't cost alot of money. PtFree, you can get from www.digidesign.com . It comes with eight tracks for you to record your audio into. It also gives you 48 midi channels. If you have a soundcard like a soundblaster, you can use sounds off that card to use in your work. Also a soundblaster will let you use soundfonts, or samples of real drums in your work.

Ntrack studio can be downloaded from Ntrack studio . They allow you to download the entire program, and you can use it as long as you like, as long as you don't mind seeing a reminder to register every now and then. It onl cost $42 to register it. It gives you unlimited audio and midi tracks. I am still checking it out, so I can't tell you too much about it, but so far so good. It doesn't come with many effects or instruments, but it will work with DXi's and VSTi's. there are good instruments out there that will allow you to do drums and whatever. The Vsampler which you can get from Cakewalk would be perfect for drums.

• Members

Originally posted by oblivionr9

-T

Try the AdrenaLinn by Roger Linn, look up his site it will give you a bunch of info.

Gabriel

Archived