Drums.!!!

eagle1

• Members

How can I put drum sounds on existing songs?

I think someone told me that there is software to do this. If there is, what is the best and the easiest of the bunch.!

I have some songs that I want to put drums in them.

If you like, you can hear one of them here:

http://www.prtc.net/~eagle1/The Sad Song.mp3

As you can see, I'm not very good (studying full-time -- most of the time!! ;)) at guitar playing but whenever I have time I practice.! Now I want to add drums.!

SO.... any suggestions?

Ohh... if you want the lyrics:

Forever in blue.

Recalling the...

pictures of you

that live in my head.

There's no reason why.

I do this day by day.

There must be a way,

some way to erase, to ease all this pain.

That I..

Keep on inflicting to myself

carrying over my good shoulder.

Maybe I do this out of fear,

the fear of never feel or see you again.

Cause you are all that I want,

you're all that I see and that's what I really need.

Cause you are almost a god,

perfect in every way, that's how I picture you....

yes my mind is a mess...

There's more to it but it's kinda hard translating it to english!! (my primary language is spanish.!

• Members

you'll get tons of software ideas there. also, lots of links to rythm freeware. I've heard cool stuff with drums added after the fact.

did you compose to a click track? if not you are in for a difficult time. drum machines and sequencing programs follow a time signature clock- if you're tracking tempo wavers (as most human time clocks do to varying degrees) it's very hard to match them and might be better to rerecord (!).

good luck.

/johnny

• Members

did you compose to a click track? if not you are in for a difficult time. drum machines and sequencing programs follow a time signature clock- if you're tracking tempo wavers (as most human time clocks do to varying degrees) it's very hard to match them and might be better to rerecord (!).

Do you mean a metronome by any chance???

Well... I didn't (dammit!!!!!!!). I know where you are getting at.! It will be almost impossible for me to arrange the drums because I don't follow a predetermined tempo or strumming pattern... right????

• Members

Originally posted by Electricview

Fruity loops and some free samples here's some drums i put into my stuff with fruity loops.

although i'm tired and hate the song now
:)
the drums aren't too bad.

demo1.mp3

then you do a little mastering to make them sound beefier
:)

demo2.mp3

Hey that sounds pretty darn good and Im listening thru crappy speakers!

• Members

Thanks just some bad idea's, a V-amp2 and fruity loops with some free drum samples i found on the net.. I wish i had more snares tho.. i want a really HARD hitting snare sound.. the only thing you cant do with fruity loops is dynamics (hitting the drum harder or softer)..

Archived