PC Software to help in songwrighing?

batterista

• Members

I would've posted this on one of the software boards, but I can't understand anything they are talking about! Does anyone here use PC software to help them write songs, such as getting down basic drum/rhythm tracks, key and chords, instruments for melody, etc.?

I'm a drummer in a prolific original band, and I've got tons of songs in my head with drum/guitar/bass parts, and I want to work them up on a SIMPLE and relatively CHEAP software system - and then introduce them to the rest of the band as to not lose my original sound/feel intentions and to save the overall band's time. It should sound better than a CASIO type thing, but it doesn't have to be demo quality.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

• Members

Try Cakewalk Guitar Tracks 2. It'll run you about 45 bucks, and it'll give you 8 tracks to record (with unlimited bouncing), plus a basic drum pattern editor. It's set up a lot like a cassette 4 track would be, so it's simple to use.

For a bit extra, you can get a copy of Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro, which gives you 32 tracks, a full amp sim, plus a better drum editor.

• Members

Cakewalk is always very good. Very easy to use.

If you need to use MIDI sounds for other instrumentation, then you'll need a decent sound card for good sounding MIDI. Yamaha are very good. But for a decent price and decent sound, the SB is still a good choice.

Archived