Genz 2x12 vs. Marshall 4x12?????

TOStudent

• Members

I have only owned the Genz and have heard that it kind of has a fake bass sound. I think it sounds great with my Cameron.

I have nothing to compare it to.

I am guessing the Marshall has 75's, how are those compared to the Genz speakers?

Build quality?

But may have a deal on a Marshall 4x12.

Don't know if I should go for it for just playing at home?

Any input?

• Members

Honestly I would rather have the marshall, it's easier to record and get a good mic'd live sound with in my experience, the build quality of marshall stuff is sturdy look how many you see on stages obviously even beat to hell they still hold together.

• Members

I prefer the GB2x12 over the 4x12 Marshall loaded with g12t75's...

When doing my band's recordings for my tracks, we tried them both on separate tracks and felt that the G-Flex just sounded better, so we doubled up my tracks on the Genz-Benz...it was more "up-front" and cut so much easier in the mix.
The Marshall wasn't as smooth, in fact it sounded very raspy.

• Members

I had the GB 2X12 and got rid of it. It cuts through very well live but the tone sucks in my opinion. It is hard to pinpoint what I don't like about it. I just discovered g12t-75's with Vintage 30's in an X pattern and it {censored}ing rules. Gives you the best of both worlds, mids with bottom end so it cuts through the mix killer.

Archived