praise songs- keep it simple, or give it all you got???

bulldawgu812

• Members

Originally posted by palthegiraffe

I agree with some of the posts above that solos or other showboating can remove the focus from worship and turn it to the performer, which is probably wrong within the context of a church service.

I do beg anyone within the realm of contemporary Christian music, however, to try hard to expand the parameters of the above term. After years of sitting through services featuring electric-piano pop songs with predictable lyrics and tired arrangements, I became completely irritated with the whole genre, and can now only attend services with traditional, organ-and-choir music. Too many repetitive refrains of "We Exalt Thee" to the point of it sounding like a Hare Krishna chant drove me away from it all. It is ironic for me, as an electric guitarist and longtime fan of punk and other rock, to admit that I run screaming from any church service featuring a "rock band" or "praise team" or any other vestige of modern music; but it's true.

I agree with you. Did you know that the pipe organ was invented specifically for use as an instrument for Christian worship? Thats why i like traditional pipe organ music in church. It doesn't smack of any other genre but its own. Wheras most Christian contemporary worship music reminds me of top 40 adult easy listening music because it it takes me out of the sacred and back to the profane of common life. I think too much focus is placed on music in the church anyway. The focus of a church service should be preaching, not music. It is divisive when it gets to the point that you describe, where people leave churches because they find the music so overbearing and intrusive.

• Members

thats pretty distubing anson. you realize that satan could care less how your life was or whether or not you served him? he just wants you to suffer the same fate he will- to burn in hell. a little known fact because of Hollywood but satan doesn't torture people in hell, he gets tortured in hell too. right now he is walkign the earth scaring people fgrom Christ but when judgement comes he gets tossed in hell too. i would hate for you to go their dude, and the only alternative to hell is Christ.

• Members

Originally posted by RiffKing24

thats pretty distubing anson. you realize that satan could care less how your life was or whether or not you served him? he just wants you to suffer the same fate he will- to burn in hell. a little known fact because of Hollywood but satan doesn't torture people in hell, he gets tortured in hell too. right now he is walkign the earth scaring people fgrom Christ but when judgement comes he gets tossed in hell too. i would hate for you to go their dude, and the only alternative to hell is Christ.

a few months ago anson and I and few others debated the his idea of atheism. No matter how many facts you point out, he just doesn't want to believe.

I hope his mind changes before its too late.

• Members

too much focus on music??? have u seen the way GOD can use music to pull people closer to him... i am only 15, but i have seen GOD use music to make people fall on their knees weeping and just crying for GOD. God will put just the right amount of focus on music as he wants... its just up to you to do what he says.

• Members

Originally posted by RiffKing24

You must admit, Satan is very sexy. :D

Archived