new song- tell me what you think

bulldawgu812

• Members

Life aint fair!!

Life aint fair!!

aren't we tired of people whining about themselves don't we have enough bands writing the same lyrics. if i remember Papa Crap had the same type of line in their new song...which sucked

• Members

Dude that's some pretty decent lyrics you've got there.

I can see that it does need a little work in some areas but on the whole I give it a thumbs up.

I also like the way you've used more violent terms to get your point across.

If you don't mind could you guys please check out these lyrics I've been working on:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96221

Cheers;)

• Members

Originally posted by bulldawgu812

arent we tired of little pansy throwin tree huggers, that always think songs have to be happy to be good. there are 2 sides to life, bad and good, and people should sing about both. not whining, but expressing feelings at a moment.

The fact of the matter is you've said something, that a million people have said before....and that's fine, that's what songwriting is about..but you need a new way of saying it. There is a song on the radio right now that doesn't just express the same sentiment, it uses the same verbage. Not the whole song..just that one line.

• Members

Originally posted by bulldawgu812

arent we tired of little pansy throwin tree huggers, that always think songs have to be happy to be good. there are 2 sides to life, bad and good, and people should sing about both. not whining, but expressing feelings at a moment.

Can't argue with that. It's what I've been expressing for years.

As for your lyrics - IMO they need more focus and less generalisations to make them as powerful as you need them to be. Not that they're bad - just not quite there.

• Members

Bulldawg, you are correct in being upset. There is a way to constructively criticize w/out being downright insulting.

I think the lyrics are good, and they flow very well. The only thing I would suggest is try to be more specific like Sam said. Also, some of the rhymes seem a bit forced. A lot of times it's not the writers fault, but cannot be helped because some words are just hard to rhyme. May want to try alternate phrases. Move some sentences around...change the structure.

Other than that, I think you are lyrically talented. Keep it up!

-mcfly-

• Members

mcfly only liked it because you two are little church goers....

it wasn't bad - but it wasn't great either. Being alittle more specific and also not so repetitive would help.

Also remember that you can't make everyone happy. I'll hate you because you label your self as a christian song writer and because you said god bless.

So....you need to take everything with a grain of salt.

• Members

Originally posted by Mike_Hawk

I'll hate you because you label your self as a christian song writer and because you said god bless.

Sounds like a bit of hate-mongering if you ask me. Lighten up man....or you'll get yourself banned easily.

-mcfly-

Archived