short and sweet praise song

bulldawgu812

• Members

here is a praise song that i wrote... its short and sweet, i might add a bridge later if i think it needs it, but the way i am planning onkeeping it from being repetitive, is by doing different melodies and harmonies with vocals... also a lot of musical variation. but i might have to add a bridge anyways, but here it is.

Here are your hands

Use them as you wish

Here is your body

Make something of this

Here is a life

It

• Members

I liked it, I think has good possibilities as a worship song. I have found that sometimes the simplest songs are the most effective. It allows the worship leader, the band, and the congregation (whatever you want to call it) to focus on the words and sing it straight to God instead of having to work at remembering the melody or whatever.

Keep writing,

Kate

• Members

I wasn't going to comment, but since you asked....

(keep in mind I dislike things labled as Christian)

I didn't like it.

Doesn't church have enough songs already?

WIth that said and done....

Do you ever turn them over to your church and sing them? If so, cool, keep it up.

• Members

Hey BullDawg.

I like the lyrics...I like the imagery and the way it sort of gets your attention. After the first line or so, I found myself saying, "I dunno where this is headed, but it sounds interesting." Ya know?

My only criticism would be that you change the "person" kinda abruptly. Like, the one saying "Here are your hands" is I guess God. But then the second part "I will follow you" is I guess the listener.

That's a great device, if the listener is answering God, but in this case he's not. My suggestion would be either to change the "person" so that it is more like "Follow me, where I lead you" (or whatever!) or make the second part an answer to God's call.

Like, talk about what you'll do with your hands, or your body. Make it tie together better.

I really love what you've started here.

--Riff

• Members

well see, the whole song is talking to God. see, telling God that your hands belong to him, and that your basically giving your body for him to use. and then telling him that you will follow him. so its just basically i prayer to God. i kinda see where your coming from tho.

• Members

Originally posted by bulldawgu812

well see, the whole song is talking to God. see, telling God that your hands belong to him, and that your basically giving your body for him to use. and then telling him that you will follow him. so its just basically i prayer to God. i kinda see where your coming from tho.

I'm just kidding with you - although that's the thought that always strikes me when I hear that "empty yourself"/vessel for God type of thing. Gee, if he gave us a mind and a will - why would it be a sin to use it?

Archived