need opinions please...coming along song

superman0710

• Members

ok, this is a song i'm presently working on, i'm thinking of calling it "break" or "broken" or something to that effect. i just figured out what i'm going to use for vocal melody and put down a very rough track of it ( my mom was sick that day and i didn't want to be singing too loud and wake her up ........ you can tell the background vocals were done when she was obviously better )

anyway, i just wanted to know what you guys think of the vocals and guitar parts. the guitars sound roughly like what they will in the finished product ( which i've already begun to work on ...... listen here.... http://www.rampromotions.com/eddiebroken.mp3 [2.91 MB] ) there's still a lot of work to be done but i'm wondering what you guys think

P.S. - the singing will be better and cleaner in the final product

P.P.S. - sorry about the low levels, since they aren't finished i haven't mastered the tracks yet.

here it is - rough vocal tracks w/ acoustic and electric guitar ( and improvised solo ) ... www.rampromotions.com/broken.mp3 [3.73 MB]

and if anyone is interested, here's another song i'm gonna start after i'm done with this one, don't got a title for it yet but here it is. feel free to comment as well. www.rampromotions.com/song.mp3 [2.34 MB]

• Members

Originally posted by Mike_Hawk

I dig the guitar line, but they vocals are quite.

i'm assuming you mean quiet....as in they're not as audible, i'm gonna bring them up in the final mix, what did you think of the vocal melody though? was it good, how was the singing? thank you for your initial review however ;)

• Members

Damn, I guess it does help to read over your post before you submit it. :(

Yeah, I meant that the vocals are quiet.

So far it seems pretty good. I normally write metal stuff, and have only wrote two 100% completely acoustic stuff, but alot of the time I am still stuck in the electric mindset - not bad - but it would be nice to think "acoustically" if you know what I mean.

Anyway - so far I dig the song. I was at work so I couldn't turn it up way too loud - but it seems that the vocal melody and the guitar melody fit quite nicely.

Once again, please post it once you get further along. Its kinda neat to see the progression of a song. :)

• Members

Well,

It's got potential, but I couldn't put much together without good solid, clear vocals. I know you said they're not up yet, no problem...but here's a suggestion: do you know EXACTLY what the melody is? As in the notes, etc? I would learn the melody on the guitar, and then learn it by singing it WITH the guitar. Right now it sounds like you're fishing, even though you said that you knew what the melody was gonna be. Other than that, I made nothing from the form. It was floating around in an aimless manner, it seemed, with little direction. I'd work on solidifying a good solid, verse, chorus, bridge, etc. and then see what you get. Right now, all of the sections sound the same to me...

Looking forward to hearing the next step!

Archived