best foreign language album

leyoculta

• Members

The anglophone nations took rock to where it is today. Still there are some artist doing wonders in other languages that not many people get to hear. Here's what I would recommend:

Band.- Album(s)

Mexico:

Caifanes.- El Silencio / El Nervio del Volcan

Molotov.- D

• Members

I don't remember the name right now, but the last Manu Chao album is literally one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard...not to mention really rockin!

I've been listening a whole hell of a lot to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's Final Studio Sessions. It's quite ironic that Nusrat, a Pakistani, should record his final studio sessions with Rick Rubin and release them on American records on a 2-disc set (he sings in Arabic). Whatever, it's one of the best albums I have.

• Members

Originally posted by Nza

I don't remember the name right now, but the last Manu Chao album is literally one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard...not to mention really rockin!

I've been listening a whole hell of a lot to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's
Final Studio Sessions
. It's quite ironic that Nusrat, a Pakistani, should record his final studio sessions with Rick Rubin and release them on American records on a 2-disc set (he sings in Arabic). Whatever, it's one of the best albums I have.

Mano Chao's last album is called Esperanza. And Fateh Ali doesn't sing in Arabic, he's from Pakistan, so he's singing the Pakistani language or something.

Archived