What Do You Think Of These Songs?

Neon-Frog

• Members

The first of these songs is already a full song with music that i demoed with my old band, the second is one that i am currently finishing the music for, and hope to demo sometime in the near future. So any advice on improving the lyrics, constructive criticism anything would be great :) Thanx

Close But So Far Away;

Verse1

One day we will see

The pain she causes me

Open ended lies

Heart-filled and sorrowful cries

She used to love so much

What has been wrong?

Refused to make a fuss

Pre-Chorus

Now it has gone on

We knew it all too well

Why did this prolong

The happiness I feel

Chorus

We used to be so fair

Over and over again

All the times we said

Can this ever end?

Verse2

Can you help me find

The love that has been lost

A piece of my own mind

And at what cost

The pain it comforts me

In a way that you cant see

And where do I go now

Prechorus2

It happened so fast

Over the time we had

I should just move on

Step away from my past

Chorus2

We used to be so fair

Over and over again

Now all I can see

Is the pain within me

---------

Thoughtless Minds

Becoming another within yourself

Hidden souls live on

Do you know how it felt?

Or has it been too long?

Personalities surface

Through tension and despise

Only known to the owner

Which ones are the lies

How many of them live

Inside the comfortable cushion

How many of them passed through

Into the intense painful war

Given new life if only for a moment

Only to subside back within

Your darkened soul

Lives lost, as new ones emerge

A plentiful source of incarcerated souls

Take your pick amongst us all

We don

• Members

Great thanx :) .. i was thinking the first was a bit cliched, but i dont have the heart to alter it as it was the first song we did and it holds some sentimental value :p heheh .. The second im still working on .. But thanx alot for the reply .. Greatly Appreciated

• Members

Did'nt even read it, did'nt have to.

I can't hear the music so it is not a song.!!!!:mad: :mad:

Sorry, but it's a {censored}ing poem!!!

I've only been a member for 5 day and I'm sooooo sick of this kind of garbage. Everyone want a pat on the back but all the give you is a bunch of dribble that stupid poem that usually make no sense.

I would be glad to HEAR your song so record music and lyrics = a song and put it on MP3 so we can Hear it.

• Members

Originally posted by pipijohnson

Did'nt even read it, did'nt have to.

I can't hear the music so it is not a song.!!!!
:mad:
:mad:

Sorry, but it's a {censored}ing poem!!!

I've only been a member for 5 day and I'm sooooo sick of this kind of garbage. Everyone want a pat on the back but all the give you is a bunch of dribble that stupid poem that usually make no sense.

I would be glad to
HEAR
your song so record music and lyrics = a song and put it on MP3 so we can
Hear it.

He asked for advice on the lyrics. Don't be such an arsehole.

• Members

Rightyo mate i have the first song as a demo mp3 .. Give me a domain to upload it to or i can send it to u .. either way.

Only reason i didnt post it was the fact that it is a demo, and it was done a year and ahalf ago, and as a whole im not happy with the song as it was then, the recording was done at a pro studio, but it was mixed and mastered within 20 mins due to time restrictions, the vocals arent anything special altho they are in tune, and none of us could afford to use FX so its just basic clean guitars . BUt hell if u want to hear it .. Let me kno

• Members

Originally posted by Anomandaris

He asked for advice on the lyrics. Don't be such an arsehole.

Hey, I admit it I sounded like a freaking A Hole, but I can't give real advice on lyrics when I can't hear the song. there are too many nuances in a song/musical comp. to critique written words.

I might think he needs to cary a note/lyric for only a .25 count or maybe a whole count.

So hopefully you will understand why it's hard to give advice without hearing the real deal.

I will try and tone down my Arseholeness!

• Members

Hey, I admit it I sounded like a freaking A Hole, but I can't give real advice on lyrics when I can't hear the song. there are too many nuances in a song/musical comp. to critique written words.

I might think he needs to cary a note/lyric for only a .25 count or maybe a whole count.

So hopefully you will understand why it's hard to give advice without hearing the real deal.

I will try and tone down my Arseholeness!

When people post their lyrics, they understand that people aren't getting the whole picture. However, there is still room for us to give advice purely on the lyrics. Because good singers do not make bad lyrics sound good. They just hide them a little. But anyway, we are getting off topic...:)

• Members

Originally posted by Anomandaris

When people post their lyrics, they understand that people aren't getting the whole picture. However, there is still room for us to give advice purely on the lyrics. Because good singers do not make bad lyrics sound good. They just hide them a little. But anyway, we are getting off topic...
:)

;) I'm going to offer to agree to disagree. However, what is the point of people not gettng the whole picture? I was listening to a song someone posted and I thought it was AWFULL and as read along with the lyrics I notice that the song wasn't anything close to what I thought it might sound like. That's cool it doesn't have to, but I still thought it was awful and the lyrics looked like it might be a realy cool song. I hope your getting my point and don't mean that is an arsehole kind of way. These are only my thoughts on the matter nothing more. Obviously I'm just dude, not David Geffen.

Play it loud. Play it proud!!

• Members

;)
I'm going to offer to agree to disagree. However, what is the point of people not gettng the whole picture? I was listening to a song someone posted and I thought it was AWFULL and as read along with the lyrics I notice that the song wasn't anything close to what I thought it might sound like. That's cool it doesn't have to, but I still thought it was awful and the lyrics looked like it might be a realy cool song. I hope your getting my point and don't mean that is an arsehole kind of way. These are only my thoughts on the matter nothing more. Obviously I'm just dude, not David Geffen.

Play it loud. Play it proud!!

I do get your point, and I don't think you are an arsehole. I just thought that post was unnecessarily harsh, that's all.

I agree that you can't really judge a song until you have heard it in its entirety. But I trust that you understand my point, that people might just want some help on lyrics, in isolation from music.

Archived