Feedback on my song

sojend

• Members

I felt like it was a really good start, but then really dragged on to the end. IMHO, it's about a minute to a minute and a half too long. The guitar tone was great, and the licks were good as well, but I really didn't feel like there was a good, solid groove, pushing me along. I could see where the stops would be cool, but still...to me, they just didn't work.

Also, why call it "Give me Enough Rope?" I didn't hear that once in the song...maybe lyrics on the site would've helped...The hook had the makings of a really good one, but I really didn't get the feel like you knew exactly what notes you were singing. The harmonies were weird fourths, and fifths, instead of thirds and sixths, and although fourths and fifths work *ok* they don't really carry the power of a good, solid third to me.

All in all, I think the song is on it's way to being a really good one, but needs some polish and re-adjustment. Post the new version if you do any revisions, it would be fun to hear them. Also, I'm in Texas as well...I live in Dallas. Check out my band if you'd like to hear where I'm coming from, musically... here's our mp3.com site: http://www.mp3.com/joshgoodeband

Good job, and keep up the good work!

• Members

Thanks for the reply man. Liked your stuff too. We've got a lot more stuff in the hopper. We are from Ft. Worth so maybe we'll see you guys around. Just to let you know, the name of the song doesn't appear in the song itself, which isn't unusual, but does explain the cruxt of the tune. Give me enough rope and I'll kill myself with all my addictions.

We've struggled with the length of this song and just don't know which verse to drop. Probably be the last one.

Also. pretty much against mainstream harmonies, nothing against what you guys are doing, because they sound really cool.

If you listen to any Crosby, Stills and Nash you might get where some of this comes from;). Standard is just something we try to avoid because it's us. I think it's more in the mix than anything since we did it all ourselves. This is where an outside influence comes in handy.

Looking forward to hearing more of your stuff. Stay in touch and thanks again for your response.

Steve:D

• Members

Cool, well if that's the case, more power to ya, man! I always automatically assume people are wanting to do mainstream, and if you're not, I totally repect that! Good luck, and hopefully we'll run into each other on the Dallas scene!

- J

Archived