How about this?

Wastegate

• Members

My father in law died ealier this year of brain cancer and one day during a trip to visit him these came to me. The song is mainly from my wife's perspective.

Enough for Two

Chorus: (w/ no music)

The pride in your eyes

shows the love in you

But as hard as I try

I'm still not strong enough for two

Verse:

When angels lie who can you trust?

Memories of a life long lost

If I could, I would take it all away x2

Chorus:

Verse:

When angels cry where can you turn?

The pain is gone but the tears still burn

I have no one to rely on now x2

Chorus:

Break:

Do you believe in miracles?

Well, holy water did nothing this time

Don't just stand there with your broken halo (repeat)

Outro: (chorus riff)

I'm still not strong enough for two

What do you believe?

Who do you believe?

Why do you believe...what you believe?

(pause before the last note)

I Still Love You (spoken)

(strike last note and let ring)

A little info concerning the lyrics. I'm not religous so the 1st verse angels are his doctors while the 2nd verse angels are my wife and her stepmother. Obviously quite a bit is questioning faith but the chorus shows the connection between father and daughter and her struggle to help him even though she couldn't. To add even more tension, the verses are set to a 9/8 riff.

• Members

Thanks! The chorus is the most important part to me. The 1st 2 lines reflect what I saw everytime we visited him. The cancer affected his speech but the look he gave my wife said everything. No matter how bad his day had been, when she walked in you could see just how much he loved her. It's a look I'll never forget.

He said a million words with just two eyes.

• Members

Pretty powerful stuff. I love the honesty of the song...your own frustration at not being able to help either your wife or her dad. That's very REAL (many writers have trouble being that REAL).

I'll spare you my rebuttal of the "religion is for the birds comment," but at a time like that, even religious people doubt and get angry at and even curse God. The bridge (labeled "Break") rings very true to that too.

Anyway, congratulations on absolutely nailing words that express some really powerful feelings. That's something we all try to do.

• Members

Sojend... you are correct God is love.

Religion is the belief in God (or a god). So, I suppose you are right to say that it is man made (wryly observing that creatures and objects other than man have no need to believe in God!).

I cannot support your blanket statement that religion is crap. Religion is a belief system. You can choose to not believe it, or even deny it, but don't call it crap, alright?

God is love. God loves you. :D

• Members

I didn't intend for this to turn into a battle about religion. I'm not religous either but I'm not trying to put anyone down for believing. Her father was a devout Christian and died a horrible, slow and painful death. This was just my view on questioning faith.

• Members

So sorry wastegate, never intended to get this going either, especially in your space. Know that I remain a fan of yours and hopefully you mine. I don't think he took my meaning well. Your song is very personal and I appreciate it's content

Fact of the matter is, I am Christian, I try not to flaunt it in any way. I just expect to live and let live. I don't however enjoy being attacked, especially when all I was doing was communicating with you.

Keep on keeping on, so far you're the only one I've cared to discuss any thing with on this forum. I'm sure there are others, I just haven't found them.

By the way, who designed your website? If you don't mind my asking. And what software was used?

Hope to stay in touch and throw around ideas and trade cd's soon!

Steve:cool:

• Members

No harm done, I just didn't want things to get blown out of proportion and turn ugly. I harbor no ill will towards either of you, religion is a touchy subject which puts people on edge.

As for the band's site, my singer/guitarist. He has started his own website development company called MSNDRSTD Designs. The link can be found on the "links" section on our website. As for programs used you'd have to ask him Gogi@Wastegateband.com

Thanks for your compliments and we hope to have the cd done soon.

Chad

Archived