In Search of Collaborators

Woodsy424

• Members

Hey,

I'm a 21 year old guy looking for people who would want to talk via E mail about songwriting. I'm a beginner looking for ideas and help getting started, both lyrically and musically. I play acoustic and electric guitar, but have never been able to come up with original ideas of my own. Basically, any advice would be appreciated. I enjoy all types of music, but have limited knowledge of theory and more advanced topics. I'd really like to learn all I can, so if you'd be willing to help me out, let me know. Thanks to anyone who replies.

• Members

Originally posted by Woodsy424

Hey,

I'm a 21 year old guy looking for people who would want to talk via E mail about songwriting. I'm a beginner looking for ideas and help getting started, both lyrically and musically. I play acoustic and electric guitar, but have never been able to come up with original ideas of my own. Basically, any advice would be appreciated. I enjoy all types of music, but have limited knowledge of theory and more advanced topics. I'd really like to learn all I can, so if you'd be willing to help me out, let me know. Thanks to anyone who replies.

You might also want to try posting in the CyberJam forum.

• Members

I'm always happy to share ideas.

Granted, my approach to music is more eccentric and modern than most, but I'd be honoured to discuss the fundamental (and all applicable) principles of songwriting.

I think most people will agree with me when I say that a huge body of theoretical knowledge isn't necessarily important. You only need to understand a couple of things, the rest are more abstract concepts that both very general, but very powerful.

It's up to you... If you want my point of view, then just message me.

Archived