Celestion Seventy80...good?

jay112

• Members

hi guys

i have a Celestion Seventy80 currently in my solid state 80 watt amp, which i use for practice. i have recently acquired a laney VC50 thats loaded with 2 HH vintage 60's, which are universally considered BAD speakers by laney owners.

i was wondering if in your opinion(s), would i hear any benefits from taking my Celestion and swapping out one of the HH's? or should i just save up my pennies for a set of V30's (im very poor by the way!). is the Seventy80 a "good" speaker generally (i say generally because everyone is different and like different things) as for example a v30 is "generally considered a good speaker" by many rock/metal players?

what im looking for is not a specific sound, just not farty at high volumes and with decent clarity.

thanks in advance:thu:

• Members

hi guys

i have a Celestion Seventy80 currently in my solid state 80 watt amp, which i use for practice. i have recently acquired a laney VC50 thats loaded with 2 HH vintage 60's, which are universally considered BAD speakers by laney owners.

i was wondering if in your opinion(s), would i hear any benefits from taking my Celestion and swapping out one of the HH's? or should i just save up my pennies for a set of V30's (im very poor by the way!). is the Seventy80 a "good" speaker generally (i say generally because everyone is different and like different things) as for example a v30 is "generally considered a good speaker" by many rock/metal players?

what im looking for is not a specific sound, just not farty at high volumes and with decent clarity.

thanks in advance:thu:

Those are cheap speakers but I have the Laney GH100ti with the matching cab and that's what its loaded with They can certainly handle the load. I gig with them at pretty high volume and they sound great.

Archived