Crate Power Block

LaPepi

• Members

I had a feeling this was going to happen. I knew I'd be kicking myself for not buying a few of them when they were being blown out for $79 at GC. The only thing that kinda stopped me from doing that was that my first one had a problem where it would click on and off intermittently. If I had bought several of these with the intent on flipping them later, I was concerned that this might be an issue that would complicate things.

• Members
  • Members
  • Members

I'll probably keep mine. It's good to back up my rig with my podxt and useful for rehearsals. I'd doubt anyone at the gear page would want to buy one anyway.

I'm not suggesting you sell it on the Gear Page. That thread is about how Power Blocks people already own are taking dumps left and right.

Best to stick to the gullible jagoffs who populate eBay.

• Members

I got a dead one, died right after the last gig for soem reason - I would love to get another - but not at the prices listed since I already have one $99 paperweight. I got a tech who wants $40 bench charge to look at it - I cant even justify that - but maybe if the prices are what they are - I might have too. Still a good, lightweight backup.

I used ti to power a TLSE and it was perfect for that...too bad - TLSE will probably go on ebay now because I aint draggin around a head and modeler - back to a head only...

• Members

but maybe if the prices are what they are - I might have too

Don't bother. The original poster got all excited over a buy it now auction. PB prices are going nowhere for the time being.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRATE-POWER-BLOCK-150-WATT-AMP_W0QQitemZ230174357118QQihZ013QQcategoryZ38073QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That ended at @ $100. Only a total n00b caught in a bidding war is going to pay > $100+ship for one. Even on eBay.

• Members
Don't bother. The original poster got all excited over a buy it now auction. PB prices are going nowhere for the time being.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRATE-POWER-BLOCK-150-WATT-AMP_W0QQitemZ230174357118QQihZ013QQcategoryZ38073QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That ended at @ $100. Only a total n00b caught in a bidding war is going to pay > $100+ship for one. Even on eBay.

Kind of figured.....Actually, altho disappointed, I wasnt that upset - I got waaaaaay more than $99 worth out of it - and it made me go back to a regular head & pedals and not too unhappy about that :thu: I do have to admit - the TLSE sounded tons better with it than a head and going to the power amp or effect return. I was surprised.

• Members

Well then, I don't feel so bad anymore. I actually think the power amp section of the PB has a muffled sound. I really have to EQ the hell out of my signal going into the front of the PB to get it to sound right. Otherwise, it's a really convenient little piece.

Archived