Painter man, painter man, who wanna be a painter man...

bikehorn

• Members

I collect LP records, and I got my roommates into it too. Now the three of us go hunting around for sweet record scores trying to show each other up. Not too long ago one of them got a Boney M record, "Nightflight to Venus". I don't care what anyone says, Boney M was awesome. The production is intense on this album and there's even a disco cover of Neil Young's "Heart of Gold" as the closing track.

More importantly though they also covered "Painter Man" by The Creation, and it's probably one of the better songs on the album, and that's saying a lot for an album best known for having "Rasputin" on it. Before hearing the Boney M version of "Painter Man" I'd never even heard of The Creation. Turns out they were a '60s Mod group from London who never made it big in England, but had lots of success in Germany and London. They broke up before anything really huge happened, although there's an (untrue) urban legend that Pete Townshend asked their guitarist, Eddie Philips, to join The Who as second guitarist. What if he had???

Anyway I went and downloaded(because I could easily find it in a store, right?? not.) their only album, We Are Paintermen and it was only released in Germany by a German record label. It's goddamn amazing, especially "Painter Man". Now I wanna cover this song with my friends and turn it into a showcase for my Fuzz Face...:love:

Does anyone else here like these guys?

Archived