Any southerners on here remember the band Gypsy Train?

draelyc

• Members

i do, I liked their "hayride" song. Did you ever see "the honeydogs" or "the floating men" or "tommy thompson" or "bloodkin" or "bus stop" or any of those folks.....the list goes on.....I used to work in the clubs out on St.Simons, GA and saw a lot of great acts in small vinues.....driving and crying, Derek Trucks when he was like 12.....!!!!!!

etc.

• Members

i do, I liked their "hayride" song. Did you ever see "the honeydogs" or "the floating men" or "tommy thompson" or "bloodkin" or "bus stop" or any of those folks.....the list goes on.....I used to work in the clubs out on St.Simons, GA and saw a lot of great acts in small vinues.....driving and crying, Derek Trucks when he was like 12.....!!!!!!

etc.

Damn, I don't recognize any of those other names! :( Except Drivin' & Cryin', of course, & DT. I'm glad someone here heard of GT, though ... I knew they'd toured regionally, but it's been over a decade now since they broke up. Myspace page says something about a reunion show this Xmas, which made me think of posting the thread...

I bet you did get to see some great shows coming through on the club circuit those days! :love:

• 13 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

I saw this band many times.  I knew Tim the lead singer. Funny thing I painted houses with him while he played in the band. He was a very talented front man. Oh and your cousin got all the attention due to his craziness. Also I love this song in the video. Would like to here someone remake it.