Official Ceriatone Club

Kitarist

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Youtube is fine but sometimes it's really laking in the sound quality. So please clips first, youtube second.
:thu:

That is why I want those clips... I'm in love with Robben F. sound and I was hoping that this amp will put me in the neighborhood of his sound just a little bit. I know it won't make me sound like him but still, just a bit and I'm happy..

Can you describe (in plain words) what is the difference between Dumble ODS from the 70's and later 80's circuit?

;)

Mcinku,

In plain words it is really hard to convey the differences because those disparities are extremely variable and each amp was individually voiced for the player it was built for. The main difference is the introduction of the "skyliner" tone stack in the 80's. The skyliner is known for having better cleans than earlier EQ stacks. Add HRM and non-HRM, hybrids and bluesmaster tone values and you have on big convoluted ball of confusion. Non-HRM is known for it's singing, middy solo tones and the HRM is a little less distorted but more sensitive to touch. But even that is generalizing too much.

These amps are so unbelievably interactive with the player, style, touch, guitar, effects.....etc. I think that is why there is such a dichotomy in the like and dislike of Dumbles. These amps MUST be tweaked.

If you really want to know invest a few hours in some WWW searching....

After that...if you have found enlightenment and clarity....pass it on to me...lol.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Thanks for the compliments guys. Yes, I design and build the cabs. I live in Japan. I originally built the cream leather look vinyl cabs because it's the only way my wife would let me have them in the living room (they match a leather chair she has). Anything black is banished to the basement. Vinyl is a PITA to work with though.

I am very satisfied with the components of the Ceriatone amps. The only thing I might consider swapping out are the mallory caps for Sozo's and loading it with Kiwame resistors AND possibly trying a different OT,,GDS or Heyboer or MM. Even budgeting for those upgrades all Nik's amps are a great bang for the buck.

I will be sure to give a report when I get my Dumble ODS clone.

Could you contact me at mikecazzx at yahoo dot com? I want to know more about your Ceriatones and building cabs.