Official Ceriatone Club

Kitarist

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
The problem is, I don't know what kind of voltage you use in Japan.

100V ??
:freak:
It has to be.

And we have a winner!!!!!

Yep, line voltage in Japan is 100V making for a pain in the butt with vintage gear.....either change out the PT or carry around step up transformer. One reason I love Nik is he winds export PT's at no extra charge.

So, dinner is on me....should I inform my wife we are having a guest??:thu:

• Members
And we have a winner!!!!!

Yep, line voltage in Japan is 100V making for a pain in the butt with vintage gear.....either change out the PT or carry around step up transformer. One reason I love Nik is he winds export PT's at no extra charge.

So, dinner is on me....should I inform my wife we are having a guest??
:thu:

Yes, I finally won something. :D :D
Just do the clips for me and I'll be a happy man. :cool:

:wave:

• Members

A little off topic...

Yesterday I heard some JSX clips and i was just friggin blown away... the amp is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing :o :| also my friend bought so i cant wait to try that big nasty beast. You can virtually play anything on it from blues jazz to rock and metal. ITs just pure ownage. Anyway also when i was browsing around i recognized that most guitar players used Marshall Major 200W so my question is which amp would be close to get that tone ? probably plexi right or even JCM (modded) i'm not that good with modding stuff you know :| but i might try it one day.But anyway JSX head... AMAZING!!!

• Members

The amp should be here by this coming weekend if Nik sent it out today.

Yes, I will record some clips and maybe some video and post to youtube. I've been really busy building and tweaking, and my band is "taking a break" so my playing has turned to crap. Bare that in mind.

Careful guys,, this amp is only but a very loose interpretation of the early Dumble ODS from the 70's. The typical dumble tones made famous by Ford, Carlton and others is a later 80's circuit so this amp by design is A-typical. I really need to sit down with several schematics and layouts to get all the differences straight.

If any of you are interested in the nitty gritty of the Dumble world go over to the Dumble discussions at ampgarage.com. You will need to register and log in but there is a wealth of info to learn from some of the best amp gurus on the planet. A word of warning though....DO NOT POST anything without thoroughly researching. It ain't like HC...lol.

I won't even speculate what Nik's amp is going to sound like but I had an old Bassman that I tweaked to be .....ahem.......dumbleish and of course I still have my Brownnote D'lite which is in a similar vein of amp.

For those thinking of buying the Overtone be aware that there is a reason this amp is far more expensive than any of Nik's other offerings. In terms of build difficulty I would say it is on the extreme side. Even if you buy the completed version if you should have something go haywire it's going to be really tough to troubleshoot. However, a good tech should have no problem so if you have the inclination.....go for it.

It's great to see Kitarist taking the initiative to get a Ceriatone forum going. I for one support his efforts and enthusiasm.

Chris

• Members

Guys maybe you can help me out here.. I'm a little confused by all his options..

Each amp seems to have several options like 'complete working chassis' or 'kit'.. are these pre made, pre wired 'amps' or is it a box of bits you assemble yourself..

Me con-foo-sed.. too many similar sounding things!

ie

'assembled board'

'full working chassis'

• Members
A little off topic...

Yesterday I heard some JSX clips and i was just friggin blown away... the amp is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing
:o
:| also my friend bought so i cant wait to try that big nasty beast. You can virtually play anything on it from blues jazz to rock and metal. ITs just pure ownage. Anyway also when i was browsing around i recognized that most guitar players used Marshall Major 200W so my question is which amp would be close to get that tone ? probably plexi right or even JCM (modded) i'm not that good with modding stuff you know :| but i might try it one day.But anyway JSX head... AMAZING!!!

Wow, people still actually use Marshall Majors......?lol Those amps are a lot cleaner and thicker than your typical JCM or virtually any other Marshall for that matter. And LOUD......holy {censored}. There are so many great Marshalls. You just have to try a bunch and find one that fits you best.

• Members
The amp should be here by this coming weekend if Nik sent it out today.

Yes, I will record some clips and maybe some video and post to youtube. I've been really busy building and tweaking, and my band is "taking a break" so my playing has turned to crap. Bare that in mind.

Careful guys,, this amp is only but a very loose interpretation of the early Dumble ODS from the 70's. The typical dumble tones made famous by Ford, Carlton and others is a later 80's circuit so this amp by design is A-typical. I really need to sit down with several schematics and layouts to get all the differences straight.

If any of you are interested in the nitty gritty of the Dumble world go over to the Dumble discussions at ampgarage.com. You will need to register and log in but there is a wealth of info to learn from some of the best amp gurus on the planet. A word of warning though....DO NOT POST anything without thoroughly researching. It ain't like HC...lol.

I won't even speculate what Nik's amp is going to sound like but I had an old Bassman that I tweaked to be .....ahem.......dumbleish and of course I still have my Brownnote D'lite which is in a similar vein of amp.

For those thinking of buying the Overtone be aware that there is a reason this amp is far more expensive than any of Nik's other offerings. In terms of build difficulty I would say it is on the extreme side. Even if you buy the completed version if you should have something go haywire it's going to be really tough to troubleshoot. However, a good tech should have no problem so if you have the inclination.....go for it.

It's great to see Kitarist taking the initiative to get a Ceriatone forum going. I for one support his efforts and enthusiasm.

Chris

Youtube is fine but sometimes it's really laking in the sound quality. So please clips first, youtube second. :thu:

That is why I want those clips... I'm in love with Robben F. sound and I was hoping that this amp will put me in the neighborhood of his sound just a little bit. I know it won't make me sound like him but still, just a bit and I'm happy..

Can you describe (in plain words) what is the difference between Dumble ODS from the 70's and later 80's circuit?

;)