VOX AD30VT shred tone

bridrive55

• Members

Wondering what you guys thought of the piercing icepick-in-the-ear VOX AD30VT. I'm on the "US HIGAIN" model with the treble up a tiny bit but everything else at noon. No effects. JEM7VWH!

(Not sure what I was thinking at the end there)

Crappy digital camera mic. I like the lead tone from these amps as far as practice amps go!

• Members
Sounds good to me man....very accurate playing too
:cool:

I played a 2x12 VOX modeling combo before....I dunno what model it was but I thought it sounded pretty good, definitely better than the comparable Spider combos.

Spider III just came out when I was on the market for a new practice amp, and I tried that and the Spider II's that they were clearing out. Nothing really did it for me about those amps.
The gain voicings on the AD-VT series is kind of unusual, almost prosthetic sounding, but if you don't slather it with effects, it's not bad. The cleans are good for a practice amp too.
Regardless of the fact that there is a 12AX7 involved in the amp somewhere, boosting the master and leaving channel volume down produces NO audible difference in tone vs. the opposite configuration...

Archived